you're breaking my heart kid

It was fitting the weather. The rain soaked August, causing her hair to stick to her face. Every time she took a step, she could feel the water seep and reabsorb in her socks. She was in the boxers she slept in, and an old tattered t-shirt. Her docs weren't even laced up all the way. She looked up at the house, the house she hated. The huge obnoxious door stared back at her, the annoying lion knockers glistening as they dripped. She knocked, and then she wasn't annoyed anymore.

"Jesus!" Eugene yelled, pulling August into the house. "Why are you out in the rain? Where are your clothes?!" He looked out the door to see if she was with anyone else. "Where is your mother!? Does she know your out this late?"

"Mum died, gramps." She said, with a quivering look, "She's dead."

Eugene stared at her, his face ridden with confusion.

"What did you just say?"

"They killed her." August sobbed, holding herself, "I watched her die. She died right in front of me, and I couldn't stop it."

The confusion melted into anger and then sadness, and then he grabbed August. He held her against him, holding her head against his chest. She can hear his heart beating fast. August heard a crack in the foyer and figured her father figured out where she was, but it wasn't him.

"August?!" Eilene's voice cracked, "Eugene is she here?"

August peered around her grandfather's side and she watched the worry melt from her face.

"Everyone is looking for you." She sobbed, "Why did you leave?"

"Someone needed to tell him," August said, still holding her grandfather.

"Eilene, tell me she's lying." Eugene begged, "Please tell me my little girl isn't dead."

"I am so sorry, Eugene." Eilene cried, "I am so sorry."

"You need to leave." He hissed at her, "You need to leave me and my granddaughter alone."

"Wh-what?"

"I said get out of my house!" Eugene snapped, pulling August behind him, "I don't want any of you and that evil magic near my house, or my granddaughter again!"

"Gramps," August begged.

"No!" Eugene yelled, "Magic has taken my daughter away from me twice, and now this time, I don't get her back."

"Gramps..." August looked up at him.

"Where is her body?" Eugene asked Eilene, "Where is my daughter's body Eilene!?"

That was all it took for August to fall to her knees, sobbing and choking into her hands.

"Her body!" She sobbed, "No!"

Eugene looked down at her, frozen. She fell to her side, holding her knees against her body.

"No!" She choked, slamming her fist on the ground over and over again.

Neither August nor Eugene had seen Eilene send her Patronus out the window, because he was shocked when Remus, Sirius, and George apparated in front of them. They all looked at Eugene and then heard her sobs and saw her by her grandfather's feet in a fetal position trying to soothe herself.

George pushed everyone out of his way and dove to his knees to August, pulling her up. She was on her hands and knees, rocking back and forth sobbing. Eugene watched as George flicked his wand at her, drying her completely and conjuring a robe around her.

'I just want to die!" It didn't even sound human, coming from her, it sounded so animalistic, 'Just let me die! Please... I can't... I can't do this anymore...'