she was one of them

Dear mother,

"I don't call my mum mother." August laughed over George's shoulder. August and George were in the common room, around the coffee table writing Jade a letter, letting them know that by the time that she had received this letter, August would have already put her name in the goblet. Harry was sitting on the couch in front of them, just watching and laughing.

Mummy,

"GEORGE!" August laughed, ripping the quill from his hand. She threw the quill back on the table, pulled her blue ballpoint pen from her front pocket, and grabbed a new piece of parchment.

Mum,

By the time you have read this, I will have put my name in for the tournament. I have already accepted that I will receive a howler from you in the morning. Maybe I won't get chosen, so don't stress too much. Tell Dad and Jet that I did not in fact choose this because of them, but because I won fair and square. When I go down to Hogsmeade next weekend, I'll call home and tell you all about it.

I love you guys,

-Moon

p.s. sorry

"That wasn't so hard." Ron yawned, walking down the stairs.

"This is like the tenth letter they've written." Harry laughed, "Moon was literally about to send a letter that just said, 'sorry.'"

"It was straight to the point!" August pointed out.

"Have you done it yet?" Ron asked

"I will not talk about my sexual history with you, Ronald..." August said simply.

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!" Ron huffed, turning bright red. "You are so gross"

"She hasn't." Harry put his head on the back of the couch, looking up at Ron and then back at August, "Didn't I hear that Cedric put his name in too?"

"Yeah," August looked up, laughing at how red Ron was, "Ced and I had midnight rounds last night, and he asked me to watch him do it."

"Why didn't he wait until the morning?" George asked

"He didn't want anyone to know he was entering," She raised her eyebrow, "But clearly people know..."

"When are you doing-" Ron stopped, "When are you putting your name in?"

"When Fred wakes up." August rolled her eyes.

"It's noon," Ron said

"Didn't you just wake up?" August asked.

"Don't start." Ron snapped. Hermione came running into the common room.

"Victor Krum put his name in!" She said all giddy. "And few Beauxbatons girls."

"Why are you so excited?" Ron scoffed.

"Why are you a git?" Fred yawned, walking down from the boy's dorm, "You ready, Moony Moon."

"As I'll ever be." She smiled, leaning back towards the fire with a small spoonful of wax, heating it up. She poured it on the seal of the envelope, stamping it with a moon stamp that Sirius had gotten her for a late birthday gift. "We'll go to the owlery after." George grabbed the letter, sticking it in his back pocket as she pushed herself off the ground.

"ANG!" August screamed, "WE'RE GOING TO THE GREAT HALL!"

Angelina came sprinting out to the landing above the common room with a bonnet on and a toothbrush in her mouth. Some toothpaste dripped from the corner of her mouth. August laughed, pointing at her own mouth. Angelina's eyes went wide, wiping her mouth.