fool's gold

There were ten chairs. Ten grand chairs that always sat at the end of the Great Hall in front of a very long table. In front of each chair was a perfect set of golden plates and goblets. Each plate either had a blue, green, red, or yellow napkin folded perfectly on top. But this time, as August stood frozen staring at them, all had silver cages around them Each chair had a perfect cage imprisoning it. A small cage, trapping the goblet. A long but short cage encases the silverware and one for the plate.

"Do you like it?" George came up behind her, whispering in her ear.

"What did you do?" August asked.

"It's not real silver." Fred laughed, "We couldn't find enough, but we did find a way to use the rest of that fool's gold."

"Figured out a spell to transfigure them into cages." George smiled, proudly.

"McGonagall is going to kill you." August smiled

"Worth it." George smiled, pulling her to his side with his arm around her.

"Do you like it?" Fred asked, smiling widely at her, "It's our present for you."

"But it's your birthday." August snorted, "Shouldn't you be the ones receiving a present."

"We did." George smiled, "You gave us a gift this morning."

Fred lifts a small briefcase in his hand to her. She had given it to them for their birthday. She had learned to work with leather in her art class and made them a case to keep all their supplies and pranking stuff in. The top, under the handle and next to the latch, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, was embossed in gold letters. She had seen that name on one of the bulletin boards in their little secret room, next to a list of other names. But she liked that one the most.

"Did you do this?" Angelina asked August

"No." August laughed, she looked up at the twins, "If she thinks I did it, others will too."

"Oh, we already thought about that." George smiled at her, flicking his wand at a banner above the table. It unraveled, 'with love, to the moon and back, F&G' written in bright orange paint across it. August smiled brightly at it, grabbing Georges's hand.

"I love it," August beamed.

"Good." George quickly kissed her cheek and then walked her over to their table to eat. And wait for the rest of the school to see this.

August and the twins sat there anticipating the uproar of this, but Dumbledore just flicked his wand at the table when he walked in and didn't dare to look at any of the students who watched him. The cages turned into falling pieces of fool's gold, crumbling when they hit the floor. McGonagall looked at August. She didn't look angry at all, rather guilty.

"That was lame." Fred groaned, "Why are they not doing anything."

"Because they know they deserve it," Angelina whispered, looking at August. August looked away from everyone and down at her plate. Throughout dinner, while her friends talked about their day, she would look over at the professor's table and see that McGonagall was barely eating, or conversing with Dumbledore as he talked to her.

When dinner ended, they all froze when they saw their professor walk up to them. McGonagall smiled at them, wishing the twins a happy birthday, and then looked at August.

"You are to go down to the Quidditch field tonight at nine o'clock, O'Keefe," she told her. "Mr. Bagman will be there to tell the champions about the third task."

"Okay." August said, "Should I tell Harry?"

"Potter already knows," She told her, "I told him earlier, he should be down there."