he's a 53-year-old muggle

After the departure of August, Hogwarts turned into disarray. Cedric was practically pulling his hair out trying to handle all the prefects on his own. Figuring out how to keep his prefects away from the new Inquisitorial Squad taking control of the halls. On top of trying to deal with George and Fred, who were blowing anything up that could be blown up. From desks to toilets, to a literal fireworks show in the corridor one night. They wanted to get out as fast as possible and see August.

A few days later, Emmeline had come home after a very short trip to Hogwarts after almost being attacked by charmed owls for trying to deliver August's letters to everyone. And even when she sent her letters with the normal post, her friends still did not receive them. Umbridge was blocking all of August's attempts at her friends, trying to figure out what was happening at school.

But August found her way back to the school, even with Canis' ban on school grounds and August sitting in the kitchen at Grimmauld Place... She still found her way back.

Umbridge was good at covering up everything and anything about her personal life, but August found her way around that. Umbridge forgot one part, under the wolf she only ever saw in August, there was muggle blood in her. Umbridge was half-blood, she had a muggle history and with the help of her very oblivious grandfather, she got records. So August kept sending letters, not to her friends though but to Umbridge, addressed from her long-lost family. Even the dead ones. 

August found out about the divorce, of a man in Leeds and a woman who just somehow vanished in thin air after it was filed. August found the man in a pub one night, he was drunk and August was there to listen. He told her all about his sweet Dory. He told August that he hadn't remarried since the divorce in '78 and that he hoped to see her one day. August smiled at him, asking for a photo with him because his story moved her so much she never wanted to forget. And the next morning, Umbridge's office was filled with a thousand copies of a photo of her muggle ex-husband and August enjoying a pint together.

"Where did you go the other night?" Remus yawned, watching the teapot hovering in front of him. He blinked slowly as the stream of tea fell into the mug in his hand.

"Oh, I went and grabbed a drink with a friend," August said, smiling down at her breakfast.

"A friend?" Sirius asked, "What friend?"

"Gilbert Clarke," August said.

"Did he go to Hogwarts?"

"No, he's a 53-year-old muggle."

The sound of a glass shattering caught August's attention toward her mother, whose face was a mix of shock and fear.

"WHAT?!" Jade yelled, "August Moon! Why were you out with a 53-year-old man?!"

"To take this photo." August laughed, pulling the photo out of her back pocket. August looked up at all three of them staring down at the photo with confused looks. August's arm was wrapped around a very drunk-looking man, both of them smiling very widely. In all honesty, the man was very sweet in August's opinion. She didn't understand how the marriage even worked out in the first place.

"August who is this man?" Jade shook the photo in front of her face.

"Umbridge's ex-husband," August said simply. Sirius choked on his coffee, having it spew out of his nose. Remus was silent for a second, and then erupted in laughter.

"Did you send Umbridge this photo, August?" Jade asked, crossing her arms.

"Yeah, plus another 900 of them..." At this point, Sirius and Remus were holding each other up from laughing so hard.