my word, august moon...

Harry watched August closely for a few weeks, at the request of their family. The first task was drawing steadily nearer, and he was just waiting for the fallout of her actions. But nothing happened. She went back to normal and thankfully, she did not speak to that Rita lady again. Which meant that he had to deal with her.

"I hear you two are in love." August laughed, walking up to Harry and Hermione.

Hermione rolled her eyes when the twins came up behind her, making their hands mimic people kissing and making obnoxious kissing sounds.

"He's not even one of the top students..." Hermione groaned, throwing the newspaper down on the table, "Sorry.." She said when Harry gave her a look, "I mean, really? August is, and then me."

"Right." Harry rolled his eyes.

"Why are you so grumpy?" August laughed.

"Has Ron still not spoken to you yet?" George asked

Harry didn't say anything, but Hermione nodded quickly behind his shoulder.

"Maybe if you just apologize..." August said, "We all know you didn't put your name in, but he might just need to hear you say sorry."

"I didn't start this," Harry said stubbornly. "It's his problem."

"You miss him!" Hermione said impatiently. "And I know he misses you —"

"Miss him?" said Harry. "I don't miss him. . . ."

George and Fred pulled August away from the two, laughing.

"That's a lie." Fred snorted.

"Charlie is coming," George told August

"Charlie?" August looked up at him, "Why is he coming?"

"First task." Fred shrugged, "That's all he said in his letter, and that he was going to meet us in Hogsmeade today."

"Mum is also meeting me today." August told the two, "She's very upset about that article."

"How's Lupin doing?" George asked

"Eh," August shrugged, "He keeps telling me not to worry in his letters, but he's also not leaving the house according to Jet. I don't think he's not coming with mum today... Which means he will probably not come to the first task either."

It was the Saturday before the first task, and all students in the third year and above were permitted to visit the village of Hogsmeade. August was walking into town when she saw her mother talking with Madam Rosmerta outside the Three Broomsticks.

"I'll meet you guys at the pub after I meet with my mum?"

"Sounds good," Fred said

"I think Charlie is waiting in there for us anyways, so we'll save you two a seat."

August smiled and then took off running towards her mother, engulfing her in a hug that almost took her out.

"Merlin's beard," Madam Rosmerta laughed, "You get more beautiful every time I see you."

"Hi, Miss Rosy." August smiled, still hugging her mother.

"I'm not surprised you're the Hogwarts Champion," Rosy turned her face towards Jade, pretending to whisper, "what are you feeding this girl to make her so beautiful?"

Jade laughed, smiling sweetly at the woman, "We'll be in later for a few drinks," Jade told her, "Remus is back at the inn."

"Dad came?" August beamed

"Oh, why is he hiding? Of course, no one with a brain believes he would hurt Moon."

Jade gave a half smile, "Just until this passes over, and that Rita finds someone else to write lies about."