he was yours

February was going by fast with no change in the bitterly cold weather and nearing the end. The school was buzzing about the upcoming match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. August was leaving the common room that was filled with the team, besides Harry going over the game plan. Wood was standing in front of the fireplace while the rest of the team sat on the couches and around the small table that was covered in game plans, sweets and butterbear. August waved at George when she headed out to the hall for her prefect rounds.

"Moon!" Harry smiled when August appeared from around the corner.

"Hi, Harry." August smiled, "Haven't seen you in a bit."

"I know, I have been ignoring Hermione."

"I've heard." August lifted a brow at him, "Why is that?"

"She had Mcgonagall take away my new broom."

"I don't think Hermione had anything taken away from you. I think she was worried. Mcgonagall took the broom away on her own."

Harry looked down at his feet.

"Why are you out of the common room? It's late."

"Oh, I have a pass." Harry handed August a slip.

'Professor Lupin' was signed at the bottom. "You were with Lupin?"

"Yeah, you won't believe this one, Moon!" Harry laughed

"What?" August put on a smile, even though she felt jealous that Remus was still making more time for Harry than her.

"I almost got my patronus charm down tonight!"

"He's teaching you how to produce a patronus?" August's face dropped, "That's what you've been doing?"

"It was crazy, the tip of my wand got all bright and then I felt warm.." He was so oblivious of August at the moment, "I bet if you asked Professor Lupin, he'd teach you."

"Yeah, maybe.. Hey Harry, you should get back to the common room. This pass won't matter to Filch."

"You're right!" Harry laughed, taking his hall pass back from her and running down the hall, "See you later, Moon!"

"Is it because he looks like James?" August said at the doorway of Remus' office.

"What?" Remus looked up from the book he was reading, to find August. "What is this all about?"

"Are you hiding from me now? You know before I found out you were my dad, I was starting to consider you a friend."

"August, cut it out." Remus sighed, "Don't be cruel."

"Could you at least obliviate my memory then, so I can have my Professor back?" August leaned against his door, "At least you talked to me then."

"Moon." Remus rubbed his face, "Harry needed some extra lessons. Come on, love. He's-"

"Yeah, he's Harry Potter. He's the boy who lived, I get it. He needs help." She turned around to leave.

"Moon!" He called after her. She came back into this office, tears threatening to fall.

"I waited. I waited for you. You told me you were here to stay, but you're not here. Not anymore. Me finding out you are my father was the worst news. He might be the boy who lived, but I had to survive. Harry wasn't the only one who lost a parent in '81!"

"August, I'm sorry."

"You say that a lot, but you don't show it."

"Join our lessons." He offered, "I'd love to teach you."