i trust you

"You're gonna do what?!"

"Do I not get your blessing?"

"Of course, you get my blessing, Moon!" Fred laughed, "You do realize that you're gonna have to spend the rest of your life with him."

"I am aware of that." August said, "That's why I want to marry him."

"Are you allowed to?" Fred cringed. "Sorry, is that too much to ask?"

"No," August smiled at him.

They were sitting in Diagon Alley at Rosa Lee Teabag. Neither of them really liked tea, but the coffee shop was too busy today.

"But to answer your question, no. Legally we won't be married, but I don't need that. I just need you all to be there to witness it. I just need to be with him."

"He's kind of a git." Fred laughed, taking a sip.

"Yeah, but he's my git." August blushed.

"I'd love to see your 15-year-old self see you now."

"What do you mean?" August giggled.

"You're gonna ask Georgie to marry you! Back then you were scared to touch him."

"He changed me."

"You changed him." Fred smiled into another sip, "He's a better person because of you. He's more understanding, definitely more than me. You did that."

"Do you think he'll say yes?"

"Merlin's beard you're still an idiot with him. Of course, he is!" Fred laughed, "When are you gonna do it?"

"I was thinking when everyone gets back from school. I'd like Harry to be there afterward." August smirked into her tea, "I've already asked Gin for her blessing. She was very vocal about us when we first started dating."

"Gin would marry you if George wasn't in the picture." Fred joked, "In all honesty, you have a long line of Weasleys wanting your hand."

"How do you think your mum will react?"

"She'll have to get over herself." Fred snapped, but not at her. There was still a sour taste in the twins' mouths about their mother's back-and-forth opinion on August. "She's been giving Bill a hard time too with his new girlfriend."

"Fleur?" August beamed, "How is she?"

"She's good," Fred smiled, "She asked about you the other day. I think you were on a mission."

"I wish your mum loved me like she loves Hermione..." August admitted. "Her and I are so alike... It's just I have a wolf following me every day."

"She does love you, Moon." Fred sighed. "I can't excuse the way she handles things with your relationship with George. But she does love you truly."

Fred smiled, holding her hand across the table.

"I am very excited to call you a Weasley."

"O'Keefe-Weasley." She corrected.

"Right on, Moon."

In a matter of hours, August went from telling his brother she was going to marry George to her telling George to go fuck himself. They were standing in the middle of his flat, with red cheeks, and wide eyes yelling at each other about something so stupid.

"I'm gonna go," Fred said awkwardly, trying to sneak out the front door.

"No, you stay!" August yelled, "I'll go."