that's all I'll ever be.

"Why do you keep her in the shack?" Remus asked Dumbledore. "You said when you hired me, you made new accommodations for me. You clearly made advances with protection, but keep her out there."

"It's different." Dumbledore said, "Tea?"

"No." Remus snapped, "It's not different. It's exactly the same!"

"She never seemed to care."

"Of course, she cares! She thinks she's a monster who needs to be vanished in the middle of the night! She is a child, we should be protecting her. You should have been giving her potions, and care!"

"Exactly, she is a child, Remus. You can't really expect us to pump her up with a potion and let her stay in the castle. People would notice. And Madam Pomfrey has been caring for the girl for years, she has people Remus."

"Poppy wouldn't have to if you'd just give her the damn potion!"

Dumbledore just sat there, drinking his tea.

"Jade is practically killing herself, job after job, trying to save money for that damn potion and you didn't think to ask her if she would be okay with Severus making it for Moon."

"Do you really want Severus to know about Miss O'Keefe? He just told everyone who you are, do you think he would just stop at you?"

"Severus has a soft spot for Moon, I've seen it. As much as he hates me, I know for a fact he wouldn't sell her out like that."

"Jade became a single mother because of one person, Remus. She wouldn't be overworking herself if-"

"Oh, fuck off." Dumbledore did not flinch at his interruption, "I quit."

It didn't take long for everyone to find out Professor Lupin was a werewolf and it wasn't very long till everyone found out August was his daughter. It didn't seem to bother people like she thought it would. And when she told Remus that morning she would tell everyone about her, he just yelled at her.

"Wonder what they'll give us next year?" said Seamus gloomily.

"Maybe a vampire," suggested Dean Thomas hopefully.

"That would be fun." August laughed, a few people down from them. They hadn't noticed her because a book was covering her face.

"Moon!" Dean looked at Seamus and Ron with an awkward face, "We didn't see you there. Sorry about your dad..."

"He quit, it was his choice to leave." She told them, putting her book down and smiling at the boys.

"Werewolf dad?" Seamus looked at her, "That's pretty cool."

August gave him a tight lip grin, pushing herself off the bench and walking past the boys.

"Have a good summer boys." She told them.

"Bye Moon!" The pair said as Ron ran after her.

"Yes, Ronald?" August could sense him behind her.

"I'm sorry he got away..." She stopped walking, still facing away from him, "I wish you got your closure that night."

August turned to him, smiling. "It'll come one day." She told him, "He can't hurt me anymore. I found the missing piece."

"To what?"

"My life." She said simply, "The whole narrative about Sirius in my life, never felt right to me. I have my answers now, I'm free."

"You're still hiding." He told her point blank

She just stared at him.

"Thank you." He told her, and she looked at him confused, "For being there that night."