hoping you are well

If anyone walked off the street and into number 12 Grimmauld Place, they would think everything was fine by just the look of everyone. Jade was doing the dishes, Remus was reading the newspaper. Harry was eating his cereal and Sirius was drinking tea. Out in the back garden, seen through a small window on the back door, two teenagers sat in lawn chairs looking out at the overgrown grass, holding hands. It looked like a normal, relaxing Sunday afternoon.

But it was far from normal.

Jade was doing the dishes, well one of them. Her hands were pale and pruny, as she scrubbed the same plate over and over again. Remus had the newspaper in his hands, but he was rereading the same sentence over and over again until the words stopped looking like words. Harry's cereal had turned to mush, and the spoonful he had in front of him had been stuck like that for what felt like hours but were mere minutes. Sirius' tea, was cold.

August and George were sitting in the back garden, and they were staring at the overgrown garden. But August was silently sobbing in her seat, while George held her hand tightly in his. This was not a normal Sunday, this was the worst day of August's life.

What the person had missed, was the open letter on the counter. They had missed a chair knocked over on the ground next to Harry.

If they waited, they would see the house fill with other people quickly. Members came through the front door, appearing with objects in their hands and stumbling out of fireplaces. A large family of redheads would look disheveled and over-packed because they decided to come early for the summer and packed as fast as they could when they heard the news. The mother of the family would rush to Jade's side, taking her hands out of the soapy water, and pulling her into a hug. A young redheaded boy and a brown hair girl would rush to Harry's side, pushing the cereal out of his hands. The father would slowly push the newspaper out of Remus' hands. He wouldn't say anything, he was not sure what to say. A girl who at first had bright pink hair, but then stark black hair when she saw everyone, rushed to Sirius' side.

An older woman would then appear. Jade would run to her and be engulfed in a hug. Eilene would pick up the letter and read it. She would swallow hard, and look for August in the room of people. Jade would point to the back door and she would understand. The silent sobs turned into loud sobs and then muffled because George would have pulled her against him.

This was not a normal Sunday.

"What is going to happen now?" Harry finally speaks.

"I-" Remus thinks because he isn't sure. "I don't know. Maybe, they'll rethink their decision."

"No, I'm not talking about the Ministry." Harry says, "I'm talking about August. What's going to happen with August?"

"I don't know," Remus said

Fred walks out to the garden. He's not sure what is happening. All he knows is that he had to pack his and George's bags as fast as he can and then he just appeared at this house. No one told him anything, he doesn't know what the letter that all The Order members are passing around says. All he knows is August is hurt and she is sad. So he pulls her from George and engulfs her in a hug because that's what his mother does when any one of his siblings is sad. So he held her, looking over her shoulder at George who was just standing there. Fred doesn't care what the letter says, he doesn't care what he has to do. But he was going to make August stop being so sad.

It would have been odd to find their professor walking up to them that morning. It was the middle of the summer and she was standing in front of the three. But this was not a normal Sunday. McGonagall grabbed August's hands and ushered her to the lawn chair. Fred watched closely, as George pulled up a chair in front of her for their professor.