did you see her future?

It was uncomfortably cynical, how normal it felt these days. An attack not happening was uncalled for these days. Headlines on the front page about some family killed in the south of England weren't uncommon. War had become certain. It was here, and it was to the point that no one even remembered when there wasn't one going on.

"Your parents?" August asked with a muffled voice, and the toast just leaving her mouth.

"Dad said the roof is fixed." Fred said, "Charlie is thinking of staying a few more days, to help mum pick up the yard."

Harry, Ron and Hermione have been gone for 3 weeks now. The Burrow was attacked a week after the wedding, leaving it in a pile of rubble. The twins keep fighting August about closing the shop. They want to close it, August doesn't want them to. She thinks closing it will finally cause Diagon to become a ghost town. Not like it already was. Half the shops on the street are boarded up or completely destroyed by a recent attack.

"Gin still protesting about going back to school?"

"Yeah..." George sighed, flipping through the morning paper. The muggle paper. He gave up on the daily prophet, he says it makes him depressed.

"Did Avil and Tonks stop by last night?" Fred asked, "I thought I heard Tonks' laugh."

"They did..." August said, looking down at her plate.

"And?" George hummed, peering over the paper, "What's going on?"

"They asked if I'd like to join them..." She admitted, "They're going to Ireland next week for a mission. Emmeline was called out of it, so they're missing a third."

"You going?" He asked, genuinely. There was no hint of anything in his tone, just curiosity.

"I said no." She told him, pushing the residue of her yolk on her plate with the last bit of toast.

"Why?" He asked. Fred kept looking back and forth between them, waiting for a fight to break out.

"Because I left the Order."

"You can go." He said.

"Are you kicking me out?" She asked. He sighed.

"I thought you leaving the Order would be better, but you walk around this place like a ghost... You clearly miss it."

"Doesn't mean I'll go back to it."

"Why?" He asked, "Because of me?"

"Clearly..." Fred mumbled under his breath.

"I told you the night Greyback showed up at the house, you should join again." George said, ignoring Fred. August was staring at Fred through her brows.

"Are you going to tell me what Avil said to you?" August asked, "Cause right after she talked to you, you changed your whole mind about me being a part of the Order. What did she tell you?"

"She didn't tell me anything." He lied.

______

"Any word from the kids?" Sirius asked Remus, Regulus and George looked up from their dinner at the two of them.

"Nothing yet. There was some talk, but they're probably moved on by now." Remus said, looking around the room. There was an empty chair next to George, "Where's Moon?"

George sighed, "Said she wasn't hungry, Fred saw her by the pond out back."

"Are you two fighting already?" Regulus laughed, "Not even a year married, and you're already-"