ask the giant squid

August woke up in the hospital wing that morning, not even aware that she had left the shack. Her eyes adjusted to how bright it was in the wing, when her eyes landed on this boy in the cot next to hers.

"This is your fault." He mumbled, turning to his side to face August.

"My fault?" Her eyes finally adjusted and focused on the boy. Theodore Nott, 4th year Slytherin. She always thought he was in her year, mostly because his best friends were Adrian Pucey and Cassius Warrington. During her first two years at Hogwarts, August had friends in all the houses, especially the Slytherin house. August and Cassius had a weird connection during those years, mostly because he also had scars. She found out the scars he had were from his father, but he never asked her where hers were from. For a while they were great and during their 3rd year he changed. His scars went away, and he joined the quidditch team. She was eventually replaced with Adrian, and then Theo and after a while she didn't really fit in with them. She tried to, especially when she introduced them to the twins and they became friends with Fred, but there was no room for her anymore.

Then she noticed he had a black eye forming and a scratch on his face. "Did the twins do that to you?" She sat up, staring at him. He only laughed.

"No, your twins did not do this to me. The willow did."

"The willow?" She sat straighter, trying to control her heart rate, "Why were you by the willow?"

"Because, you're idiot self was passed out underneath it. Why were you so close to it to begin with? Do you know how dangerous that is, O'Keefe?"

August stared at the boy, in shock. Later she will find out, by being yelled at by both Poppy and Mcgonagall, that she decided to leave the shack on her own accord, instead of waiting for help that morning. And because she was so weak from her transformation she passed out once she got to the base of the tree. Theo, who was coming back from his morning jog, found her passed out underneath it. He saw blood on her, that he could only assume came from a tree branch hitting her, not the latter.

"Did you bring me up here?" She asked

"Yeah," He sat up, "Was I supposed to just leave you there?"

"It's just surprising that you did."

"Why is that?" He lifted a brow at her, "Oh, wait. I forgot, you little lions think all Slytherins are selfish and evil."

"I never said that, I am friends with Slytherins!" She rolled her eyes

"I've only ever seen you and Scarlet hangout when you have class." He pointed out, "And when Fred is with his mates, that pretty face of yours is filled with disgust."

"That is not true!" She huffed, throwing the white sheets off her body and getting up. "You don't know me Theodore."

"I know exactly who August O'Keefe is." He stood up, standing in front of her, looking down into her eyes. August tried not to show any emotion while he scanned her face, "What happened to you, Moon? Cass used to be one of your best friends, and then after that Harry Potter kid came to this school you changed."

"I have not." She groaned, pushing him away from her, "I don't associate myself with people who mistreat others like you all do to Harry. Cass was terrible to him on his first day here."

"No," He laughed, crossing his arms watching her pull her jumper over her head, "You just hang out with those two redheads who terrorize the school."

She stares at him, he's scanning her face again which makes her grow hotter.

"At least they don't have that disgusted look on their face when they see my scars." She hissed, turning on her feet.

"Wait." He hissed. She stopped, still facing the door. "Are you at least okay to leave? Like am I going to find you passed out on the stairs later? Walking up that hill was one thing, but carrying you down stairs is another."