didn't deserve love

Professor Dumbledore sent all the Gryffindors back to the Great Hall, where they were joined ten minutes later by the students from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin, who all looked extremely confused.

"Here." Professor Mcgonagall handed August a warm wet cloth, "I don't like the idea of that glitter irritating your scars."

"Thanks." August said, wiping her face. The two witches were standing in front of the Great Hall's doors, while other prefects were standing on the outskirts of the hall talking to other professors or handing out water and more pillows to students laying on the floor. "Do you think he is still in the castle?"

"If he was smart," Mcgonagall sighed, narrowing her eyes, "He is probably off the castle grounds by now."

Professor Flitwick walked over to the two, and the pair of professors made an inaudible agreement and began to walk out the doors they were standing in front of. "August, no one can leave through these doors, do you understand?"

"Yes, Ma'am." She nods at her head of house

"Mr. Davies will come over later and take your spot so you can rest." Flitwick informed her.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," Professor Dumbledore told them as Professors McGonagall and Flitwick closed all doors into the hall. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately," he added to Percy, who was looking immensely proud and important. "Send word with one of the ghosts."

"Sleep well," said Professor Dumbledore, closing the door behind him.

The hall immediately began to buzz excitedly; the Gryffindors were telling the rest of the school what had just happened.

"Everyone into their sleeping bags!" shouted Percy. "Come on, now, no more talking! Lights out in ten minutes!"

"Oh shut it, Perce!" George and Fred yelled over at their brother.

Percy rolled his eyes, walking over to August. "Are you able to man this door?" He asked her

"No," she said sarcastically, "I think I already let Black in."

"Stop messing around O'Keefe." He snapped at her. She can tell by the way he is averting his eyes from her and at all the corners of the hall, he was nervous. She never would describe Percy Weasley as the nervous type. He jumped when she placed her hand on his arm, squeezing it.

"You're doing the best you can do with the information you were handed tonight, Percy." She tells him with a genuine tone, a comforting one. "Don't worry about me mate, I got you."

He kind of smiled at her, and walked away to talk to more of the prefects. She looks up at the enchanted ceiling, which, like the sky outside, was scattered with stars.

"The lights are going out now!" Percy shouted. "I want everyone in their sleeping bags and no more talking!"

The candles all went out at once. The only light now came from the silvery ghosts, who were drifting about talking seriously to the other prefects and August. And the talking didn't stop, but a hushed hum filled the air, until eventually everyone fell asleep.

"Hello Miss O'Keefe." Nearly Headless Nick said, appearing through the door she was manning.

"Hello, Mr. Porpington." She smiled at the ghost. "I'm not supposed to let anyone through these doors, I'm afraid." She joked, causing him to laugh.

"You don't seem as scared as the other prefects." He smiles at her

"I don't scare easily, sir." She tells him, he smirked at her then narrowing his eyes at the young witch.