life isn't meant to be lived alone

"Look . . . what did happen that night when . . . you know, when . . . with Moon and all?"

"What are you asking me for?" Harry retorted. "Just read the Daily Prophet like your mother, why don't you? That'll tell you all you need to know."

"Guys, quit it..." Ron begged.

"Don't you have a go at my mother," snapped Seamus.

"I'll have a go at anyone who calls me a liar," said Harry.

"Don't talk to me like that!"

"I'll talk to you how I want," said Harry, his temper rising so fast he snatched his wand from his pocket. "If you've got a problem sharing a dormitory with me, go and ask McGonagall if you can be moved, stop your mummy worrying —"

"Leave my mother out of this, Potter!"

"Oi!" August came storming into the common room, causing everyone to jump. Her wide eyes traveled from Harry, who was standing in front of the fireplace with his wand pointing at Seamus, then to Seamus, who was standing there with his fists raised. She had changed out of her school robes and was wearing her pajama pants, which were just George's quidditch sweatpants, and a sweater, which was also George's, and a long brown silk sleeping robe, which was her mothers. But she was still wearing her Head Girl pin. "What the bloody hell is going on?!"

"He's having a go at my mother!" Seamus yelled.

"What?!" August's rage turned to Harry. "Harry wouldn't do that — right?" She targeted the question towards Harry, rather than anyone else, "we met your mother, we liked her..."

"That's before she started believing every word the stinking Daily Prophet writes about me!" said Harry at the top of his voice.

"You know what?" said Seamus heatedly, casting Harry a venomous look. "He's right, I don't want to share a dormitory with him anymore, he's a madman."

"That's out of order, Seamus," August warned, "Everyone up to their dorms now!" She yelled at the crowded common room, "You two, with me now!" She pointed at the pair.

"Out of order, am I?" shouted Seamus, "Then you tell me what happened that night!"

August's rage subsided and turned to fear. George quickly arose from his seat, squaring up. August could feel a tightening sensation around her neck where the rope burns were.

"Shut your trap, Finnigan!" George shouted.

"You believe all the rubbish he's come out with about You-Know-Who, do you, you reckon he's telling the truth?"

"Of course I do!" George yelled, Ron was stepping forward now, bright red in the face.

"You're all mad too," said Seamus in disgust.

"Yeah? Well unfortunately for you, pal, I'm also your Head Girl!" said August. "So unless you want detention, watch your mouth and go to bed!" She looked at the group of Gryffindors who didn't leave with her first warning, "All of you! Or you'll be polishing trophies with Filch for a week!"

Seamus looked for a few seconds as though detention would be a reasonable price to pay to say what was going through his mind; but with a noise of contempt, he turned on his heel, vaulted back towards the couch, but miscalculated his distances, and landed on the floor just before it.

"Anyone else's parents got a problem with Harry?" August asked aggressively. "Cause I got some scars to prove what happened that night if they want to see!"

"My gran says that's rubbish," piped up Neville. "She says it's the Daily Prophet that's going downhill, not Dumbledore. She's canceled our subscription. We believe Harry, my gran's always said You-Know-Who would come back one day. She says if Dumbledore says he's back, he's back."