casual parent-teacher meeting

" 'Morning love." Sirius teased, as a messy hair Jade came stumbling into the kitchen. Remus looked up at her smiling, taking notice of her state.

"I need to talk to you two." She sighed, sitting down across from them. She pulled out an old folder, with a few pages in them.

"You alright?" Remus asked, pulling his teacup from his mouth.

"August doesn't like pork, she hates bacon. She'll eat it if she's served it, I think she always felt guilty letting food go to waste, but she hates it." She pulled out the stack of papers, "I always mix her potions with pumpkin juice, I don't think she realizes I do this. Or that I ask Poppy to do it for her... She always complains when her's don't taste like mine. She wants a dog, always begged for one as a kid... But I never had the money for it. That's why she was so excited when I brought Sirius home. She-"

"Why are you telling us all this?" Sirius quickly interrupted.

"She doesn't have to take it, but she likes taking those muggle vitamins. I think she saw Hermione take them, and thinks she needs them. But she likes the gummy kind, she hates how the chalky ones leave residue in her mouth. She doesn't like the purple ones either. She drinks too much coffee, by mid-day make sure you switch the container to the decaf one, she never notices"

"Jade..." Remus' eyes were shifting from all her papers and her face.

"This is my dad's number, and mum's... If you need it. I also put my brothers but don't call him unless it is serious. I don't want his wife around August." Jade couldn't look up at them, "She likes to fall asleep to the telly, usually the weather channel... I think it's because we couldn't really afford cable when she was younger, and it was the only channel that ever worked on our telly. Make sure you give her an orange or banana at breakfast. Her strawberry jam is not her fruit substitute!"

"Jade!" Sirius tried to grab the papers from her hand. "Where is this coming from?"

"My original will said August would go to Lily and James, if me and you died, Remus." Jade looked up at him, "Now, I need you two to promise, that if anything happens to me. You will take care of her, you will not run. You do not leave her. She might think she is an adult, but she is not. I put a few drops of lavender oil in the laundry. She loves the smell. She likes apples, sometimes pears. But if it's too mushy she won't eat it. We always get a curry takeout when she gets back from school as a celebration. Since she's out of school, maybe take her out after work or if something really good happens to her that day. She wants to be a healer, she always has. I know where we are now she can't, but I know one day she will be one. Never let her stop believing."

"Jade," Remus sighed, "Please tell me what is going on."

"This is how it started last time," Jade looked up with a quivering look, "Weird deaths, random cases of missing people. And then everyone started dying. Left and right. I'm not saying I am dying, but I am still a muggle-born. I am still at the top of their list, especially now that they know about the original Order... Remus, if anything happens to me, you will take care of our daughter. Do you-" she choked, "Do you understand?"

"Of course, I will." Remus' face fell. "Obviously..."

"What's in that folder?" Sirius eyed her hand.

"It's my will." Jade said, "August gets everything of course, but legally she's not allowed to have it. So Sirius..." She looked up at him, "Remus has no rights to her, but I need her to have someone. Someone who has rights."

Sirius' eyes went wide, "If I die, you legally become August's guardian, even though she is of legal age. You will have all rights to my vaults, and to my money, which is still not a lot, but you will own it all. The house, the car, the-"