terrible news

It was the last day of classes and Christmas was only a week and half away and August just opened her weekly letter from her mother.

"This is terrible news."

George watched as August sipped her coffee, rolling her eyes and yelling 'this is terrible news' at the end of every sentence.

"THIS IS TERRIBLE NEWS!" She groaned, banging her head on the table in front of her, after George made sure to move the plate of breakfast in front of her.

"What's wrong with Moon?" Ron asked as him, Harry and Hermione walked up to the group of 5th years.

"She's clearly received terrible news." Fred said casually as he went on stuffing his plate with more sausages.

"Is everything okay?" Hermione gasped

"Clearly not." George said

"No!" August groaned

"Has the world come to an end, Miss O'Keefe?" Professor Mcgonagall sighed as she walked past the group

"It seems like it." Professor Lupin laughed as they watched everyone August freak out

"Give me the letter." Mcgonagall sighed, ripping the letter off the table. As she read it, the students watched as the older witch's face dropped.

"I toldddd youuuu." August groaned, hiding her face in her hand.

"It seems the world has come to an end." Mcgonagall said, "I'm sorry." She said sincerely.

Professor Lupin looked at Mcgonagall and then August.

"It seems like Miss O'Keefe is going to be having a muggle Christmas." Mcgonagall sighed, handing August back her letter.

"What does that mean?" Hermione asked, "What's wrong with a muggle Christmas?"

"It has nothing to do with the muggle part of the holiday," Lupin sighed, then looking at August, "It's the muggles she'll be staying with."

The two professors walked away whispering to each other as everyone turned to August.

"Who are you spending Christmas with?" George asked

"My grandparents..." August sighed, "My terrible, terrible. Miserable, snobby, entitled, hardcore royalist grandparents."

Harry watched August sit there as everyone bombarded her with questions about her family. 'You're from a muggle family.' 'Why do you hate them?' 'What is a royalist?'

---

"Can you write to my mum?" August ran after Mcgonagall in the hall

"And what shall I write?" Mcgonagall rolled her eyes, not looking back at the girl, "That I am giving you detention for entirety of holiday break, just as her letter got to you?"

"Yes." August said, "That's exactly what I want you to say."

"Well, just so you're informed." Mcgonagall said, turning towards August, "You're mother has also written to me, telling me that if August... and I quote, 'wants to skip out on holiday break, she will be expecting me tomorrow morning pulling her down the grand staircase by her bangs, because I am not dealing with my mother by myself."

August let out a loud groan that the whole school could hear.

"But.."

"I'm not giving you detention, August." Mcgonagall sighed. "Go to class!"