like for real

"I have to wear this?" George stared at her. She was wearing Ron's dress robes and standing next to a dressed figure that matched George's body with a matching set.

"Yes." August smiled. It was a wide smile, a very toothy grin. Her eyes were squinting and sparkling. "I think it would be funny."

Of course, George didn't want to wear them. It looked like a long, maroon velvet dress. It had a moldy-looking lace frill at the collar and matching lace cuffs. But something about how she wore them, it didn't look so bad.

"Okay," George said.

"Okay?" August squealed, "Okay?" She ran to him and engulfed him in a hug, giggling. "We'll probably get a detention."

"Wouldn't be my first one." He laughed, hugging her waist. It would be worth it. Her smile made it worth it.

"We can't tell anyone." She whispered. She was inches from his face, "I want to surprise everyone."

"You know people will be looking at you." He caressed her cheek, closing the gap between them a bit.

"I think I'll be okay." She smiled, her eyes kept shifting to his lips.

"I'm going to kiss you now." He whispered, staring at her lips.

"Okay." She giggled.

These moments have been happening a lot more often now. They are more secret about it now, most of the time George steals a few kisses in an empty corridor. He'll sneak into the library late at night while she's studying just to kiss her goodnight. They were becoming so secret with their kisses that their friends thought they had given up on even trying to date one another. They would steal glances in class without anyone noticing. According to their friends, they were back to their normal selves, crushing from a distance and not doing a single thing about it. But there was no distance between these two, not when they were alone.

There were nights in the library when August would be lost in her homework, but one of her hands was in the grasp of George's. There were nights when they were the only ones left in the common room, cuddling on the couch while August read out loud from one of her muggle novels. Then moments when they were not touching, but just enjoying each other's company, either when George was practicing the piano after his music class and August sat watching him or she would be sitting in the corner reading. Or when August was trimming the bottom of her pottery after classes in the art room and George was busy scribbling in his journal.

George's favorite place to be was in August's arms. He loved the feeling of her hands cupping his cheeks and the way her lips felt on his. She was gentle in her touches like the way snow fell. She was cold and warm at the same time, dark and light. She was the moon and the most gentle one. He was so gravitated toward her, it didn't matter how far he got away, he always found himself back in her arms. And he was fine with it, he was completely and utterly fine with it. He waited for this, he waited for her his whole life. He knows she is not fully there yet, he knows she is still terrified to give in fully, but he was ready to wait until the end. She was his reason.

"I have to go." She whispered.

"No, you don't." Their lips met again and he smiled when her giggle hit his lips.

"I do." She smiled into the kiss, "I have rounds and the boys should be back from detention any moment now."

"One more." He whispered, pulling her into a deeper kiss.

"I'll see you in the morning." She smiled, kissing his forehead. She flicked her wand at the dress robes, causing them to fly off the dress form she had transfigured from a coat rack. And then she changed back into her school uniform. She shoved their matching outfits back into her bag.