but she is my sister

Snape pulled out his wand from the inside pocket of his robes and August tensed in her chair, but Snape merely raised the wand to her temple and placed its tip into the roots of her hair. When he withdrew it, some silvery substance came away, stretching from temple to wand like a thick gossamer strand, which broke as he pulled the wand away from her head and fell gracefully into the Pensieve, where it swirled silvery white, neither gas nor liquid. He pulled out two vials from his desk, labeled 'E.V' and 'J.O'. Twice more Snape raised the wand to the vials and deposited the silvery substance into the stone basin, then, without offering any explanation of what he just did, he picked up the Pensieve carefully, removed it from the desk, and placed it between them and looked up to face August. August got to her feet feeling nervous. They faced each other with the basin between them.

"Are you ready?"

When their faces submerged into the basin, the office swam in front of her eyes and vanished, image after the image was racing through her mind like a flickering film so vivid it blinded her to her surroundings. . . .

The light was a warm hue of orange, in contrast to the light in Snape's office. There was a tv in the corner of the small living room, at a soft volume playing the child's cartoon Postman Pat. Jade was young, her hair was long and black and there were no signs of grey at the roots. She was wearing pink sweatpants with red hearts covering them and a Rolling Stones t-shirt. August has that shirt now, but it's much more faded and old than the one she was looking at right now. Jade was drying a pot while laughing at the small child playing on the carpet. There was a small broom laying on the floor behind August, and a pile of colorful blocks in front of her. But August was looking up at the toy pig flying around her head.

"August!" Jade called from the kitchen, "Time to put your toys away, it's bedtime."

"Mummy!" August had only ever seen this exact moment not even a handful of times in her dreams. She never saw it from this angle, she had never seen herself without scars, "Look!"

Young August was clapping enthusiastically and looking up at a toy pig flying above her head.

"Oh, Jesus..." Jade giggled, "You know, your godfather would think was hilarious..." Jade shook her head with contentment, flicking her wand at the flying toys. She picked up August, bringing her upstairs. "When you were born," Jade tapped August's nose causing her to giggle, "all my friends... Your family wondered when you would show your magic and Sirius..."

"PAD! PAD!" August cheered,

"He said you would be an early bird, probably two or three. And you know what I said to that?"

August shook her head quickly, smiling at her mother.

"I said when pigs fly."

August looked away from her mother, petting her younger self's hair. Snape scoffed, hitting her shoulder to look back at the scene.

"You are so loved, August." Jade said, "Dad will come home soon, I promise you."

"Daddy." Little August smiled, hugging her bear tighter.

August's face contorted with pain at the scene unfolding. She could see the clock getting closer and closer to the time.

"He'll come home, and then Sirius will come home. And then Aunt Lil and Uncle Jamie will bring Harry home, and we will all be fine. All of this will be over soon, and we will be together again."

"Harry." August yawned.

"I am so excited for you to grow up with this family, my sweet girl. You are so loved." Jade repeated as August closed her eyes. Jade sat there for a moment, looking down at her child with a bright smile. "So loved." She whispered, kissing her forehead.