do I have a choice?

"I think it's a good idea," Tonks said, gaining a scoff from Remus.

"Thank you!" August exclaimed.

"The answer is no, August." Jade sighed into her coffee, "And that's final. I am your mother and I decide."

"I'm 17!"

"Just because you can legally use your magic now, does not mean you are an adult! You are still in school, you are still a child. No!"

"You are being unfair! Dad went, he lived!"

"I was also older than you when I went," Remus said.

"By like 3 years! You all joined the Order when you were my age, and it was much more dangerous then."

"And how many original Order members are still coming to the meetings? Still alive? Still with a present mind?" Sirius snapped. August shut up quickly when she heard the anger in his voice rise. She had never been on the side that his anger was targeted at. "Just because there haven't been any attacks, does not mean he isn't as powerful as he was. We don't know exactly what we are going after, yet. You are too excited about this idea, and that is dangerous. You need to realize what exactly going undercover means, August!"

"You think once you walk up to the pack, they'll just let you in?" Sirius's nostrils were flaring, "You are a natural leader, and they will pick that up right away. It will not be easy, at all!"

"I think you are all overthinking this! Of course, I know what I am getting into!" August yelled.

"I don't think you do." Jade said, "I think you are being cocky." Jade collected herself, and leaned over the table grabbing August's hand, "We know how smart you are, how powerful you are. We know that. You have shown us exactly what you can do, and it is brilliant. We definitely needed someone like you when this first started, but..."

"This is not textbook, Moon." Remus said calmly, "Once you get out there, it doesn't matter if you were top of your class, these people had everything taken from them. They did not go to school, they did have half the things you did. They are not easy to bond with, and they do not trust easily. The danger starts when you meet them, it could go south very fast."

"I honestly believe I can do this."

"I don't." Sirius said, causing everyone to stare at him, "I'm sorry. I don't..."

August's eyes darkened.

"You are not cut out to be out there. You are too soft, you can't control yourself like your father, or the people in those packs can. I'm sorry, August." He said, "I don't think you can do it."

"You're an ass!" She yelled.

"Fine." Sirius said, "Sure I am, but I'm also right."

August was about to say something when Harry, Ron, and Hermione walked into the kitchen. They were to return to Hogwarts on the Knight Bus that morning, escorted once again by Tonks and Remus. The adults seemed to have been midway through a whispered conversation when the door opened; all of them looked around hastily and fell silent. August rolled her eyes at Sirius and got up quickly to wash her dishes. Harry could feel the tension between August and Sirius, but before he could ask what happened, Sirius stormed out of the kitchen. Jade smiled gently at the three and quickly got up to make them each a plate of breakfast.

"What happened with them?" Harry asked Remus and Tonks, who wouldn't dare to look up from her bowl of cereal.

"Oh, nothing." Remus played it off, "You know how they can be sometimes."

Harry looked at him confused.

"I'll go make sure all your trunks are ready to go," Remus said quickly, looking over at August once last time, who was at the sink leaning over it with her head down.