talk

STEPHANIE'S POV
Lately I've been acting like I'm fine,but deep down I just want to to scream and cry. Keeping myself distracted with my boyfriend,friends,and family doesn't last long. When I'm by myself I can't help,but to cry in silence. Everyone has been dealing with everything in different ways and mine is trying my best to ignore everything. Isaac can feel something is wrong and he probably wants me to say it to him myself,but I'd rather not burden others when they have their own issues.

"Being back in school feels weird when we probably have to leave all over again." Malia says as we all walk down the crowded school hallway. She's right, Pope will be looking for me and Adira when it's time no matter how hard he tries to fight it. "Have a good view on it,we will make it out alive and back to school in a reasonable time." Liam speaks as he slides in between me and Malia. "First who said we wouldn't make it out alive? Second who said you were even going to be there to fight with us." Stiles says in a serious tone. "I can't let you guys fight alone and stay here and do nothing like I did last time." Liam says. "Liam you will not be coming,please promise me you will stay with Mason and Hayden when it's time." Adira stops us in our tracks pulling Liam in front her to talk to him. He doesn't say anything and walks away.

The thought of having to kill Pope to save my own life makes me sick. He's literally one of my best friends and the fact we can't find a loophole hurts even more. The day he left was when I knew something in him was changing for the worst. He always had a feeling that something was different about which it was,he just never thought it was because he has to kill his own family. All I can do is hope that we can somehow break him out of it. "Please let us all make it out of this alive." I whisper to myself in the mirror.

"Wanna talk about it?" I turn to see Adira standing at my room door. She's living with me and my parents since her dad wants her dead. "I should be asking you the same question cousin." I say to her with a weak smile. She walks over and sits beside me on the bed as we both stare at the wall in front of us. "Why can't things just be normal for once Adira." I speak still not looking at her. "Things will never be normal no matter how much we try Steph." Adira turns and looks at me. "Why us,why Pope,why any of us? is what I ask myself everyday." I look at her waiting for her to keep talking. "Pope is one of our closest friends that we recently found out after years of knowing each other that he's our cousin also." Adira says holding back tears. " The amount a pain I'm going to go through and hate towards myself if he dies by my hand or anyone hands is going to be unbearable. He was there for me in so many ways and I need to be there for him somehow." I say with glossed over eyes. " I carry that pain with me everyday, I wouldn't want you to go through it too." Adira says as she hugs me tightly.

I just need to call him and hear his voice. "Here goes nothing." I say to myself letting out a breath. The phone started ringing as my heart be sped up like it was a race. "You know you calling me wasn't a good idea Stephanie." His voice didn't sound the same, it was laced with disgust. " I needed to hear your voice and to see how you were doing." I say to him. Nobody knows,but I call Pope atleast once a month and lately I can tell he isn't the same Pope I know. " I'm really trying fight these last couple of days before my 21st birthday so please tell Adira that I love her and I'm sorry for what ever happens. Steph I love you too." The phone hangs us before I could say anything else. "I love you too Pope." I say out loud as I throw the phone on the bed. Uncle Enzo and Aunt Bonnie need to get here fast.

Sorry for such a late update, I've been at practice every day and tryouts,but I will work on getting my story and edits done in a reasonable time for you all.

tiktok is @//stxlesflmss