last night

ADIRA'S POV
Last night with Scott was a night I will always remember. From start to finish. I never thought I would be talking to my mom and aunt minutes into my eighteenth birthday last night. I even kissed him, I surprised myself by it. In a way I can't help,but to feel messed up about the kiss. Stiles is his best friend and also my ex. Things just ended with me and Stiles not even three days ago. One thing about that kiss that stood out the most is that I felt stronger after and my wolf felt it too. All morning all I crave is Scott's touch and his smell. I Know he feels it too because he hasn't left my side since we got back last night.

"Scott can we talk while we can?" I whisper in his ear, his head laying on my chest while his arms wrap around my body. Yes, we are still fully clothed. We just so happened to fall asleep while watching a movie. "We can hold the talk off till tomorrow, it's your big day." He tells me in his sleepy voice. "I would like to talk about it now sir." I sit up crossing my arms glaring at him. He rubs his eyes sitting up with me. "And start from whatever Isaac was talking about." I say waiting for him to speak. "Remember when when we first met at the hospital?" He asks me. "Yeah,why?" I question him. "I fell in love with you more and more every time you would come and visit,then suddenly you stopped." He says now making eye contact with me.

"I did enjoy your piggy back rides and hide and seek around the hospital, or just being in your presence." I tell him smiling. I never really thought of what I felt for Scott was more than best friends,but it's mainly because I never really knew how to separate mutual feelings from actually liking or loving someone till I got older. My wolf felt the love,but I always thought it was something different. "I enjoyed them too, till it turned into just me and Allison." The look on his face seem sad. "You didn't know it then,but I was going through a rough time and you later figured that out." I tell him. "I went back to Mystic Falls and met the Pogues and after a couple years I came to live here and you were dating Allison." I say thinking back.

"Don't get me wrong I never used Allison to get over you. I actually did love her and still do,but the love I had for you never went a way." I listen to his words in tuned with everything. "Before you stopped visiting I saw how you would look at Stiles even after you would say how much you hated him,but I knew deep down you would love him eventually." He gets quiet as he looks off at my room door. "I wanted nothing,but happiness for you so I never once told you how I felt, If keeping my feelings to myself to my two best friends happy meant me keeping my feelings to the side,that's what I would do." He finishes talking. "What's the difference in the love you have for me than the love you have for Allison, if you don't mind me asking?" I question him curiously.

"The love I had for Allison wasn't a "in love" kind of love. The love I had for you was. All I thought about was you,I craved you, I imagined a future with you, and I felt so much for you." I look at him. "Allison knew what I felt for you,the love me and her had started of as just flirting and then it turned into something more and went from there." He tells me honestly. "Adira I love you" I look at him with wide eyes. "Scott I need to time to think things over." I tell him as my heart yearns for him. "What I feel for you feels like love,but I don't want rush into anything just yet with the state I'm in emotionally." I tell him grabbing his hand. "I understand, that's why I'm not rushing you into anything. I'll wait for you." He says before kissing my head. "Thank you Scotty." I smile at him as I hug him.

"Scott Mccall,put me down." I let out a laugh as he pulls me on his lap. "What,best friends can't cuddle?" He teases with a smirk. "Remember what I said about thinking things over." I glare at him playfully. "Can I try something, it's for an experiment." I hesitate not sure if I should,but maybe this will help me figure my feelings out. "Sure" I whisper. His lips push against mine, once he pulls back I crave him even more than what I did earlier. "Now, let's go get ready for your big party." He says getting up with me still in his arms before letting me down on the ground. "Adira Salvatore, may I escort you tonight at your ball?" Scott asks pulling me towards. "Yes you may kind sir." I say in a silly voice. We both laugh at our silliness.

Thinking back on my name, I realized I'm really a Salvatore, Mikaelson, and Argent. When I'm in Beacon Hills I go by Argent and Salvatore and when I'm here I go by Salvatore and Mikaelson sometimes. Going by Mikaelson is still dangerous,but I will always carry the name. Just like for Argent I will always carry it, blood or not. So tonight is my night. Adira Michelle, Mikaelson, Argent Salvatore. Yeah long isn't it, but it's who I am and each name has a meaning and history behind them. I wouldn't change it for nothing.

ITS ALMOST TIME FOR THE BIRTHDAY SCENE