negative friends / negative lifestyle ; lee chan

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ summary; she's convinced he needs new friends, he's convinced she's bad for his health.
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ genre & tags; fluff / rebel!chan / innocent!reader / student!au / mentions of cigarettes/smoking, alcohol, suggestive conversation topics
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ pairing; chan x afab!reader
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ word count; 2.3k words

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ author's note; THE TEASER THAT DROPPED TODAY?? BAD BOY CHAN??
⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

Rain danced down the classroom windows accompanied by the soft pitter-patter, rhythmically creating a song of April showers. This didn't bother you however as you stayed sat at your assigned desk during the lunch period, where you stayed during even past the permitted classroom hours. In your mouth was a strawberry lollipop and your head in some fantasy novel you'd plucked from the library. You'd only occasionally stretch your legs to wander across the classroom to see how well your best friend Seungkwan was studying for your upcoming finals - usually it wasn't well, as he was most likely yet again daydreaming about another boy who'd noticed his existence.

You basked in the silence of the empty classroom, enjoying the music the rain made effortlessly on the window while the rest of your classmates were away enjoying their lunch period elsewhere. You were no study-obsessed student like some students in your class, although to the unknown eye you would definitely appear to be one. You simply followed your intuition to remain in a small friendship circle whilst you were in education, which contained Boo Seungkwan and occasionally the foreign exchange student Joshua Hong. You were merely a girl who everyone knew and spoke to, yet nobody was friends with. You liked it that way, no drama.

The classroom door slid open, interrupting the silence you were happily bathing in. No one really came back to the classroom unless they forgot something, making your eyes move from the pages in front of you to the intruder of your silence. When your eyes landed on the reddish brown hair of the male, you rolled your eyes. You watched as he searched his bag in a panic, swearing under his breath. With a stressed groan, he stood up straight and put his hands on his hips. What on earth was he looking for that was so important? His eyes suddenly fell on you. He gave an almost weak smile as he laughed nervously.

"Do you sit here all day?" He scoffed, his eyes glancing you over momentarily as he debated if he even knew your name. You swirled your tongue around your lollipop before you pulled it out of your mouth to speak.

"Typically, yes," you hummed, leaning back in your chair as you eyed him in return. His white school shirt was half untucked, his tie loose around his neck and he had a few shirt buttons undone. It was a completely different look than you saw him in previously during the day, when he rocked up in the car park looking incredibly smart. You furrowed your brows at the thought, "aren't you supposed to be looking for something?"

"Yeah," he didn't scoff this time, his voice a little lower as he looked down at his bag with a confounded expression, "I either forgot them or my mom searched my backpack before I left and confiscated them."

You eyed him once more, admiring the glittering silver ring on his pinky finger as he ran a hand through his tussle of hair. Humming, you slid a bookmark into your page and closed the book gently.

"You don't even like cigarettes, why do you try so hard to?" You asked quietly and Chan didn't respond. A blinding flash of lightning outlined his face, a mix of confused and defensive. You sighed, putting the lollipop back in your mouth when he didn't respond, turning your attention to the rainstorm outside.

"You don't know me," Chan sneered, looking away suddenly as you glanced back at his standing figure, "what makes you think you know whether I like cigarettes or not?"