make you bite your words ; jeon wonwoo

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ summary; all you want in the world is to make your rival bite his words when he gets too cocky at a competition.
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ genre & tags; fluff / gamer!wonwoo / gamer!reader / team captain!couple / cocky wonwoo / cocky reader / drunk seventeen, so alcohol is involved and boisterous behaviour / a little enemies to lovers vibe
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ pairing; wonwoo x afab!reader
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ word count; 2.5k words

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ author's note; the video game in question is overwatch because its the only thing i have common sense about // also this is fuelled by the fact overwatch league is happening right now
⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

You tapped your pen against the desk, staring amongst your team as they sat idly waiting your decisions for the upcoming tournament. You were to yet again play against enemy school's Overwatch teams as usual and that meant you were also once more going to face your rival - Jeon Wonwoo. He was the team captain for one of the enemy teams and you despised each other thoroughly. It always became more than a competition between the two of you.

"What roster are we going to start with?" Mingyu spoke up from your left, where he was chewing a piece of gum. The others proceeded to raise their heads, as if remembering why they were there. You hummed, pausing the taping of your pen.

"Well we're against Yonsei first," you uttered, tilting your head back, "they're strong on their supports so we need to counter them with damage, focus their supports and cut off healing."

Mingyu nodded at your response, his eyes drifting around the team.

"That means Chan and Minghao would be our ideal damage picks, right?" Seokmin spoke up and there was numerous agreements amongst your team as you nodded.

"Yeah. Gyu, can I put you on the bench for damage?" You turned back to the tall male and he flashed a bright grin at you, nodding, "Seokmin, I want you and Vernon on tank so we can maybe run a dive comp."

Your eyes fell to Seungkwan and the corners of your mouth turned up as so did his. He nodded his head before the words even needed to come out of your mouth, knowing the two of you would be the team's supports. The group turned back to talking amongst themselves, discussing comps you could use and which damage you'd like to go for. You watched before your eyelashes fluttered shut and you considered what it would be like to win against Yonsei again, to see that look of defeat on Wonwoo's usually cocky face. The way he'd hold a smirk so surely during your matches up until victory shines in your face.

You could almost scoff at the thought. His ego was huge for such a quiet man, one that you would find attractive if it wasn't for the rivalry and asshole attitude. You tuned into your team making dinner plans, arguing over whether or not to go for Korean barbeque.

"I say we go but we make Mingyu pay," you teased, opening your eyes to see Mingyu's shocked face. When he said nothing, you stood up, "thanks Mingyu!"

-

You threw the hand warmer back and forth between your hands, admiring the crowds of students and families that had come to watch the tournament today. You glanced back over your shoulder at your team, adorning their team jerseys as chatted idly - waiting for the caster to begin to introduce the teams. As the caster greeted the crowds, welcoming to the tournament, you felt a wave of nausea wash over you that you couldn't explain. Your hand shot out to the bottle on the surface beside you, taking a gulp of water anxiously. Vernon patted your shoulder.

"Nerves?" He kept his voice low, knowing how much you valued your reputation as the team captain. You flashed a meek smile, nodding with a defeated sigh.