two positives don't make a right ; jeon wonwoo

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° synopsis
you're not quite sure how he's seen as so smart when he ends up in quarantine with you.
┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° genre & tags
fluff / hybrid!wonwoo / human!reader / clingy cat woo / soft moment to be honest / covid-19 content warning !!
┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° pairing
wonwoo x afab!reader
┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° w.c
1.4k words

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° author's note
this was spurred by an anon ask ageeees ago and i can't keep hiding it in my drafts lol

˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰ now loading... enjoy! ꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄

This wasn't the way your summer was planned to go, certainly not - now as you sprawled out on your double size bed, you couldn't help but ponder how the hell you'd got in this situation. The positive covid test sat not far from you, as if rubbing it in your face that you'd ended up in this situation in the first place. Was it your coffee catch-up with your best friend? It could have been your recent meeting with Wonwoo, you'd taken him to the park - much to his dismay - to bask in some summer sun. He'd long established he was not happy with that day but you couldn't unhear his purr as he sprawled out on the grass, his head in your lap as you ran your fingers through his hair.

But if that was the case, surely one of them would have also felt the symptoms by now - you weren't too sure if your best friend was asymptomatic but perhaps you should ring her and find out? You were going to think about it the entire time you were in quarantine, it'd put your mind at ease to find out which of your recent explorations had shoved you into your apartment sulking. Groaning, you rolled onto your front so you could reach for your mobile phone that sat on your nightstand. You'd figured to call Wonwoo first, since he'd have his afternoon nap soon and you didn't want to disturb the cat.

The phone dialled, buzzing in your ear before you placed it on loud speaker, rolling back onto your back as you waited for your boyfriend to pick up.

"Hmm?" Wonwoo hummed suddenly as the phone picked up, startling you a little as you had closed your eyes waiting.

"Did I disturb your nap?" You were quick to ask, seeing as Wonwoo seemed more sluggish than usual, "I'm sorry baby I'll ask you later."

"I wasn't asleep," Wonwoo interrupted swiftly, despite your suspicions he had definitely been asleep, "what's up? Did you run out of snacks again?"

You scoffed lightly, eliciting a short laugh from Wonwoo's end of the phone and you could picture his smug face since he knew you so well.

"No, no I haven't, I'll have you know-" you paused, before shaking your head to yourself, "that's not why I rang, have you got covid symptoms?"

"Not... that I know of?" Wonwoo mumbled and there was rustling on his end, "I can take a test and ring you back - are you positive?"

"Yeah," you huffed, jutting your lower lip as you stared up at the white ceiling of your apartment bedroom, "I have to quarantine so if you are negative, you can't come over for a while."

"Why not?" He was quick to interject, as stubborn as usual - to no shock.

"Because I'm not getting you sick? You hate being sick, Woo." You laughed a little at his interjections, sitting up as you let out a cough. A high fever in the middle of the Korean summer is the last thing you wanted, you decided as you leaned towards the portable air conditioning system you'd brought to cope with the amount of sweat pouring from your skin.

Wonwoo was silent, sulking nonetheless even though you couldn't see him. He stared amongst his apartment, his tail swishing in annoyance. It was like it was constant bad luck on his behalf if he was a notion towards you testing positive for covid. He exhaled, albeit a little loud as you caught it on the other end of the phone.