ink, linework and a cup of coffee ; vernon chwe

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° synopsis
are recommended tattoo artists always this hot?
┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° genre & tags
fluff / tattoo artist!vernon / vernon with tattoos<3 / the personification of reader is old enough to receive tattoos! / mutual pining? / warning for needles mentioning regarding receiving a tattoo & a lil blood (tattoos are fresh wounds) / also tattooed chan LMAO / reader recently had a breakup / light swearing
┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° pairing
vernon x afab!reader
┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° w.c
2.2k words

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° author's note
idea dedicated to the amazing ​ ilysm and i hope this lives up to expectations sigh

˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰ now loading... enjoy! ꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄

You stared as your best friend fiddled with the saran wrap around his lower arm, wincing a little as it tugged on his now delicate skin. You'd both agreed to meet over a coffee after Chan's tattoo appointment and merely an hour later he was excitedly unwrapping its protective covering to showcase his new ink to you. Albeit, you were quite excitedly awaiting to see the new art he'd littered to his body. Despite having tattoos of your own, you could never keep up with the pace of how many Chan seemed to acquire in a month - it'd been months since your last and you were craving the feeling of the tattoo gun again.

It was simply because you went to two separate artists. Chan travelled further in Seoul than you and for this specific tattoo, even further than usual. He'd been to a tattoo artist a friend recommended to him - Chan didn't state much else. Whereas you went to a dingy store in a side alley by your apartment complex. Everything was fine, professionally licensed and all but you couldn't help but curse the prices he charged. You knew damn well the effort, time and costs going into it but it was the only thing holding you back from getting another one. You had to save up first.

Chan's saran wrap finally fell, albeit a little bloody and you could finally admire the ink on the pale skin of his arm. Fresh and yet to heal, Chan's forearm was now decorated with his artist's own version of The Great Wave off Kanagawa - one of your favourite art pieces by Hokusai. A gasp left your lips and Chan laughed, staring down in admiration at his tattoo too.

"I knew you'd like it!" Chan exclaimed, watching you lean a little closer to glance at the shading and details his tattoo artist had put in. Your teeth tugged at your lower lip, chewing it as you leaned back in your chair.

"That's sick, Chan!" You beamed, finally wording your amazement, "I bet it cost a bomb though."

Chan shook his head, making you quirk a brow as you waited for him to explain.

"Nah, he's such a chill guy - so reasonably priced too," Chan hummed, taking a sip of the coke he'd ordered, "I told him how much I had and what ideas I had and he did this on the spot."

With your mouth gaping, you leaned onto the table in front of you, holding your breath a little.

"Can I maybe get his instagram?"

-

Your eyes fell to your phone as you sat, curled up on your couch under a crocheted blanket watching your favourite movie for the hundredth time. You let out a noise - should you message the tattoo artist? You'd learnt from Chan that his name was Vernon. You should at least see his availability, right? If he's this good he's probably packed out on appointments for months. Groaning, you reached for your phone on the coffee table and pulled up instagram.

y/n: hey, sorry i know this is late, a friend of mine came to you for a tattoo and recommended you
y/n: i know you're probably booked up, so could you let me know if you get a space?