you must like coffee a lot ; boo seungkwan

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ summary; the tale of a student who keeps coming back to the same coffee shop just for the barista.
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ genre & tags; fluff / barista!seungkwan / student!reader / small coffee shop vibes / potential love at first sight on behalf of the reader / just overall soft blushy gushy stuff
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ pairing; seungkwan x afab!reader
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ word count; 1.8k words

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ author's note; n/a
⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

"Anyone would think you have a caffeine addiction, y/n." Your best friend sighed as he walked beside you, pulling the scarf wrapped around his neck over his chin as a harsh, bitter wind blew into your faces. Your hands grasped your jacket as you pulled around your lithe body to protect you as much as you could.

"Trust me Nonnie, best coffee in Seoul." You flashed him a grin, your feet picking up their pace to reach the coffee shop sooner. Just the thought of being somewhere out of this wind was appetising right now but you classified yourself as on a mission. This started about two weeks ago, unbeknownst to Vernon. You'd discovered this quaint, chill vibes coffee shop on your walk to class one day and impulsively you decided to just grab your usual iced americano from there.

Now you weren't sure if you was turning up for your iced americano or the barista behind the counter who complimented your drink choice the first day you entered as a customer. He was cheerful, hosting a warm smile and you could sit and listen to his voice all day. Sometimes you would skip class and instead sit in the coffee shop with your laptop, working - to an extent, of course. Your eyes would find themselves always drawn to the barista, watching as he completed basic tasks or made other customers' drinks. When the coffee shop was particularly quiet, you'd even heard him sing in a hushed angelic voice to the songs they would play on the small static radio on the shelf.

All of this and you still didn't even know this name, he never had his name tag on - you figured perhaps he was new and waiting for it or he'd maybe just lost his name tag. The dim golden lights filled the place with warmth from where they glowed as you pulled Vernon into the coffee shop, the bell on the door jingling. Undoing your coat, you hadn't even noticed the eyes set on you.

"Long time no see, how is school?" The familiar voice spoke up and you chewed your lip as you approached the counter. As difficult as it was, you were fighting the grin that was trying to light up your pale-from-the-cold face. Vernon side glanced you.

"Hm, getting by, I can't wait for winter break," you mused with a smile that he returned without a second thought, "I'll have an iced americano and a slice of chocolate cake, please - oh and a latte."

Vernon chuckled, leaving your side to sit at a table by the window. You watched him shrug off his coat now that you were in temperatures significantly higher than those of outside. A soft hum came from your throat as you tapped your foot, shivering slightly.

"Boyfriend?" The barista joked quietly, his voice a little low as not wanting to embarrass you. The words made your eyes widen, quickly shaking your head paired with the wave of one of your hands.

"No no no, a good friend of mine." You were quick to interject, not wanting the barista to believe you were in a relationship. He didn't say anything but his eyes looked over once more at Vernon before he placed your items onto your tray, telling you your total so you could pay.

Quietly, you took the tray to the table Vernon had chosen, sighing as you too now shrugged off your heavy coat. Vernon's pale hand reached for his latte, cupping his hands to the mug for a heat source. Once your coat was removed, you fixed your outfit before sitting and patting out your skirt. Vernon rolled his eyes.