love letter ; lee seokmin

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ summary; when mysterious love letters keep ending up in your locker, everyone coincidentally doesn't recognise the handwriting.
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ genre & tags; fluff / student!au / oh my god softie seokmin / clueless reader? / same age pairing (gonna start adding this more often for student!au)
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ pairing; seokmin x afab!reader
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ word count; 2.2k words

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ author's note; baby's first seokmin fanfic- ⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

"Why does it have to be so early?" A yawn escaped your lips as you rested your head onto your arms on the desk in front of you. Your best friend rolled his eyes from the desk beside you where he was promptly fixing his head.

"Y/n, do you ever sleep?" The voice who spoke up didn't belong to that of Minghao on your right but instead the extremely studious third member of your friend group - Joshua Hong. You puffed your cheeks in response to the American as he sat down at his desk in front of you, twisting to look at you, "do you even know what class we have in ten minutes?"

The male proceeded to get his books out of his bag, laying them on his desk as he awaited your answer. You just stared at him blankly - he knew the answer, he was just trying to make you think, "it's English."

He turned to prep the content you'd be learning in class after he told you, leaving you with Minghao once more. The lanky male leaned back in his chair as he propped his slim legs onto his desk. You slapped his legs in a scolding manner and yet he still didn't move them, shrugging at you. Your eyes rolled at the difference in your friends. Joshua thrived in these classroom situations, his favourite subjects were history and linguistics. He could sit in a classroom for hours and never be bored by it however Minghao and yourself were much different. Minghao favoured dance and his ability to b-boy, always finding himself in the school gymnasium or the nearest park. You on the other hand favoured art. Anything than this.

Deciding you should probably prep like Joshua if you wanted to keep some good grades for the end of the year, you pulled your backpack onto your lap and searched for the required English books with a stubborn huff. However as your fingers flipped through the books in the back, none of them appeared to be the ones you needed.

"Ah, shit," you cursed quietly and your friends turned their heads, following by Joshua asking the simple 'what's wrong?' question, "my books aren't in my bag. I'm going to go check my locker."

"If they're not in your locker, you can borrow mine. I'm done copying the content for the class over." Joshua offered as you stood from your desk. You flashed the smart male a grateful smile before your legs carried you out of the bustling classroom.

The hallways were much quieter at this time since most students were in their classrooms by this time awaiting classes to start. As you passed each classroom with closed doors, the loud yells and echoing noises could still be heard from within. You knew this school had loud students, majority of them were in your class. You hummed as you walked, thankful that your lockers this year were much closer to your classroom. You distinctly remember last year your locker was across the school campus which would have been far from fitting in this situation since you had ten minutes left for class.

The locker key slid into the lock, echoing clicks as it unlocked and you pulled the metal door. Your brows knitted together as a folded piece of paper fell to your feet, crouching down to pick it up. It was being held shut by a smiley face sticker and otherwise was sparsely decorated on the outside. You saw no sight of your books as you shut the locker and pocketed the paper.