want me ; kim mingyu

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° synopsis
so i'll be everywhere you'll be and i'll go anywhere you want me.
┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° genre & tags
fluff / non-idol!au / somewhat mutual pining / definitely pining of some sort besties / very soft scenes of angst / best friends to lovers / slight insecure reader / this will come as a surprise when you get to his part but junhui is not a love interest / sexual topics (just conversation and gyu + reader awkwardly in an adult shop)
┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° pairing
mingyu x afab!reader
┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° w.c
4.5k words

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° author's note
inspired by 'want me' by baby queen; synopsis is lyrics from the song. anyways i cant have another bias, gyu.

˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰ now loading... enjoy! ꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄

You'd spend all day admiring him if you could without seeming like a literal psychopath outside of your daily schedules. Your best friend and housemate Kim Mingyu worked in a fancy suit and tie store you'd already expressively said was way out of his league - in the politest way, that is. In your eyes, Mingyu should have followed his college passion of fashion design yet he was spending his day greeting men with more money than him and showing them different coloured blazers. Yourself on the other hand had found yourself working at a local florist shop after you dropped out of college early. It was owned by a college senior who'd already graduated - Wen Junhui and you'd acquired the job through a close friend of yours, Lee Seokmin.

"What's for dinner?" Mingyu commented as he kicked off his shoes, following you as he stretched his shoulders while you shuffled your coat off.

"Why don't you cook for once?" You scoffed, looking over your shoulder at him as you walked through the entrance of your house together. Mingyu huffed, his suit blazer folded over his arm and a few buttons of his dress shirt were undone. Clearing your throat, you turned back around and flopped onto one of the couches in your living room.

"Y/n, I literally cooked last night," Mingyu whined, placing his blazer on the back of dining chair before he sat on the other couch, "if you don't want to cook we can just order food."

You pursed your lips, folding your arms across your chest and he flicked through the TV menus using the the remote. Unfortunately you could still catch the way his arms flexed when he moved or the way his Adam's apple bobbed when he gulped thanks to the muggy heat in the house out of the corners of your eyes and you loathed it. This was supposed to be anything but a crush - he was your best friend. The two of you joked that little college love affairs never made it far but it was like the trope was spiting you. Quietly, your phone pinged from your jean pocket and you pulled it out.

seokminnie: when is our next delivery
boss junnie: tmrw
boss junnie: why
boss junnie: what have u done
seokminnie: i DID NOTHING
seokminnie: i feel betrayed
seokminnie: anyways we got a semi decent order from some guy wanting to ask a girl out
boss junnie: love how you call it semi decent
seokminnie: well he's supposed to be bringing a small gift tomorrow morning before he goes to work for us to put in the bouquet
seokminnie: he wants it after his work tmrw
y/n: seokmin do you know how to send things in one message
seokminnie: don't sound so middle aged y/n we're in our 20s
y/n: if it means you put coherent sentences together, i'd even let you call me a karen
boss junnie: who is even scheduled for shift tomorrow
y/n: not me chief
seokminnie: me and heeyoung i think
boss junnie: i'm coming in just to make sure you two dont fuck shit up
seokminnie: yknow i'm starting to doubt if you like me

"Work group chat?" Mingyu quipped as you threw your phone down onto the couch beside you, tilting your head back as you tried to relax for a few moments.