bite me ; wen junhui

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ summary; you're not sure how vampires work in real life but you can't risk leaving him behind.
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ genre & tags; fluff / slight angst / vampire!junhui / human!reader / mentions of dying / slightly suggestive scene (at least hints to one; minors you're safe) / vampire consent finger guns / blood is mentioned 600 fricking times /j
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ pairings; junhui x afab!reader
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ word count; 2.0k words

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ author's note; no author's note, just lia thinking back to his vampire drama
⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

You couldn't truly recall how you met your boyfriend of two years, you came to the realisation as you watched him relax on the couch of your apartment from where you stood in the kitchen. He ran a hand through his blond locks, watching one of his favourite shows that you knew he'd watched a million times before, yet somehow he wasn't bored of it. You hummed, turning back to the kettle as it began steaming, signalling that it was almost done boiling water. You made your cup of tea before your legs carried you to your boyfriend's side, sitting down quietly as to not disturb his show. He acknowledged you with a smile, wrapping an arm around you and placing a kiss on your head.

"Something on your mind?" Junhui perked up, watching closely as you sipped your piping hot tea. You cracked a smile at him, shaking your head to reassure your boyfriend.

"Just wondering how you can never be bored of this show," you mentioned, turning your attention to the TV screen, "obviously not a bad thing, I'm just amazed."

Junhui laughed lightly, propping his long legs onto the ottoman placed opposite him, in its usual position. He was a lanky, tall male that you always joked had spaghetti legs. The ottoman was actually a gift from you one Christmas, after you'd notice how uncomfortably Junhui would sit sometimes.

"It's just comforting for me, I guess," Junhui suddenly spoke, his face a little melancholic. A frown graced your face, "from when I was human, it's one of the only things I remember."

His eyes glassed over at the sudden memories of who he once was. You took the moment to gloss over his face, from his facial structure to his pale skin and moles. Even with the atmosphere in the room, you smiled as you accepted the fact there wouldn't ever be a single wrinkle define his face and that his skin would ultimately stay porcelain forever. Although, you began to frown once more as you laid your head to rest on his shoulder.

"You're thinking about something now," he mused, flashing you the smile that you would fall for a million times over and every time it made your heart do backflips, "come on, tell me - I can't read minds."

You could almost laugh at his words as you let out a breathy sigh, closing your eyes tiredly.

"One day, there'll be a day where I leave you." It was all you could utter out into the quiet air of your shared apartment. Junhui made a soft noise but didn't speak as he squeezed your shoulder reassuringly. He wasn't quite sure what to say to you because you were right, he'd live through another lifetime and he'd see your nephew go to school, university, get married and die too. All without you.

The TV became the only sound in the room apart from your gentle breathing as you took in the moment, one of many that you wish you could pause time for and never leave.

"If only things worked like on TV," Junhui sighed, laughing a little as he looked back at his TV show, "it's just more difficult I guess. Well, more unlikely."

You sat up quickly, almost throwing yourself off balance as you stared wide-eyed at your boyfriend - who was looking back at you equally as wide-eyed since you'd shocked him with how quick you moved.