me and my husband ; choi seungcheol

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ summary; even after marriage, your husband has peculiar habits that catch you off guard.
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ genre & tags; fluff / vampire!seungcheol / human!reader / established relationship / just some funny soft vampire x human / short fluff!! / some blood mentions
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ pairing; seungcheol x afab!reader
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ word count; 1.2k words

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ author's note; releasing this three hours after i said it would be released, yeehaw
⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

"Cheol?" you called out over the rustle of plastic grocery bags that were certainly too flimsy, pursing your lips when you didn't get a response, "Cheollie?"

You hadn't a clue where your husband was, you'd left him at home gaming on his playstation in the living room - you assumed that's where he still was, unable to hear your calls for him because of his headset. Sighing, you shut the front door behind you with your foot, shimmying to the kitchen with the bags of shopping in your hands. You glimpsed into the living room as you passed, catching sight of your husband and letting out a soft sigh of relief.

Thanks to his incredibly light steps, you never noticed your husband of seven years creeping up behind you as you put the shopping away. Turning on your heel, you were suddenly face to face with the male, causing you to jolt as you were startled by his presence. He simply chuckled, taking the items from your hands and putting them away for you.

"See anybody you know?" Seungcheol hummed, quickly browsing in the fridge after he placed a carton of milk in there. You rose a brow, since he wasn't usually interested in human delicacies.

"Just Mina," you yawned, stretching your arms and shoulders with the excruciating pain carrying the groceries had given you, "she asked how you were."

"Not thriving," your husband pouted, finally turning back to you as he wrapped himself around you like a koala, "this sun is so hot and for what? I'm supposed to be safe from it in here and yet I'm melting!"

You laughed, giving into Seungcheol's hug even if you were borderline melting thanks to the summer heat too. You'd never pass up an opportunity to receive some affection from your husband - not to say that he didn't give you enough but during this heat neither of you wanted to even touch each other. Seungcheol's fingers twitched against your lower back and in response you quirked a brow as you pulled back from your husband.

"Cheol have you fed today?" You mumbled and Seungcheol weakly shook his head, eliciting a sigh from you as you grabbed his hand and lead him back towards the kitchen fridge. He groaned, almost attempting to retaliate to you, his wife.

"I was going to feed earlier when you were showering," he huffed like a child, watching closely as you opened the fridge door, browsing it as he had done earlier, "I know you're still not used to it."

"I've been married to you for seven years, Cheol," you taunted, passing him a bottle filled with blood, "I dated you for five years before that - that's twelve years with a vampire. I'm used to it."

Defeated, Seungcheol took the bottle from you and returned to the living room as you left to shower.

-

Seungcheol definitely wasn't in the living room when you emerged from the bathroom and once more you were left confused with what the hell your husband could be up to this time. It was turning late into the evening, the sun fading in rosy hues of pinks and purples as it dipped behind the South Korean skyline. You admired it from the apartment's balcony - albeit small but you could still step onto it. Exhaling a stressed breath, you were glad that the heat was dying into a cool temperature that didn't make you feel faint and definitely didn't make you feel sweaty. That was sort of the last thing you wanted after a shower.

It was nice to witness the sunset as the curtains were usually all closed in your apartment at this time until the sun had set, only then would Seungcheol open the curtains and admire the stars. Every set of curtains in your apartment were blackout curtains, drowning any sort of light that attempted to enter the rooms. You knew it was for your husband's welfare and safety but sometimes you just missed moments like this.

The sound of feet shuffling across vinyl flooring began to resonate through the apartment's hallways and you quickly dived back into the apartment, locking the balcony door and drawing the curtain shut as Seungcheol rounded the corner, wrapped tightly in your comfort blanket like a hermit. One hand was clutching the blanket around his body and the other hand was holding the blood filled bottle you'd passed him earlier, now empty. He smiled when his eyes landed on you.

"Was the sunset pretty?" He hummed, continuing to shuffle towards the kitchen. Naturally, you followed him, finding it amusing how he had appeared out of the blue wrapped in your blanket.

"Mhm," you nodded, leaning against the counter as Seungcheol rinsed the bottle with water to stop remaining blood from oxidising - he'd get Jeonghan to refill it when he stopped over later that night, "have you been napping all afternoon?"

You gestured to how he'd swaddled himself in your blanket, his hair wry and slight bags under his eyes. He smiled innocently, placing the bottle down on the drying rack as he waddled to you, opening his arms up and consuming you in the blanket too as his arms curled around you. You laughed into his chest, wrapping your arms around his torso.

"Maybe," Seungcheol huffed, letting out a small yawn to prove your point, "it sucked having it without you."

"You sound like a child." You mused, lifting your head to look up at your vampiric boyfriend in the warm lights of the kitchen. His eyes fell to you and your eyes fell to his lips that were faintly tinted red from the blood he'd been drinking - some poor human's blood. You shook your head mentally, refusing to think about it before you caught the way fresh blood had kept itself in the corner of his mouth.

With your finger, you tapped the corner of your mouth to mirror and Seungcheol tensed, raising one of his hands to wipe the blood but he only managed to smear it across his pale cheek and you froze, staring at the blood as Seungcheol stared at you.

"What?" He whispered, a little concerned by your response to what he thought was just him cleaning blood from his lips - usually you would be more iffy if he left it. You swallowed the lump in your throat, taking your eyes away from the sight as you looked around the kitchen to distract yourself.

"Blood," you mumbled, trying to ignore the fact you could still very much see it out of the corner of your eyes, "you smeared it."

Seungcheol chuckled, unwrapping you from the blanket as he headed back to the sink, running his hand under the water before he wiped his skin once more, washing the red liquid down the drain before he turned back to where you were staring at him in more of a relaxed form.

"Definitely not used to it," he teased, causing you to scoff and fold your arms across your chest, "that's okay, baby - I thank you for trying all these years."

He cupped your cheek, brushing his thumb along your skin as he gave you a reassuring smile. Meekly, you cracked a smile back and nodded.

"Maybe one day."