it takes two ; joshua hong

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ summary; a family is a little scary when your partner has over millions of fans.
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ genre & tags; fluff / idol!joshua / established relationship / a little worried josh for some time / no suggestive scenes / birth? sort of.
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ pairing; joshua x afab!reader
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ word count; 2.3k words

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ author's note; i am so whipped for this man<3 there'll most likely be a follow-up fanfic for this~
⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

You'd been blessed with the existence of your boyfriend for five consecutive years now. You had both drabbled in numerous things since the relationship had started on the fateful day, from adventurous travelling whenever his schedule permitted it and even pottery classes - you had begged him for that one but nonetheless you'd both participated in it.

Moments like this where you were both doing your own thing meant the world to both you and Joshua. You had adjusted well to the life of an idol's partner over the years and Joshua was proud to admit it to the press whenever they asked about you, which was frequently - mind you. They were incredibly nosey to know if Seventeen's gentleman was upholding his relationship he'd acquired not long after he debuted.

As you laid your legs over his, thumbing through your phone as he watched TV, you were reminded how much you loved your boyfriend. The way he'd furrow his brows a little, his eyes trained on the TV screen. He was always full of expressions and not only yourself but his group told him that all the time.

You were just casually scrolling through instagram, admiring some of the model-worthy pictures your friends would upload and occasionally pause to read an ad. Your eyes landed on an advert for onesies for babies, one of them being a rabbit. Softly, a noise came from your throat and Joshua's eyes moved to you with a risen brow before he saw the look on your face. He'd seen it multiple times before, especially if there was a puppy.

"What have you seen?" He mused quietly, turning the volume of the TV down as he gave you his full attention. A hum vibrated from you as you debated the idea of showing your boyfriend, who had voiced once before the anxiety he had over the family concept now that he was an idol.

"Just some instagram advert." You mumbled, screenshotting it before continuing to scroll. It was best not to waste breaths on situations that had a slim chance of happening right now. You would be brooding for a while longer the more newborn photos came up on your instagram feed, your friends all becoming mothers with their partners.

"We're not pulling that, Darling, c'mon," Joshua sighed, one of his hands reaching to cup your cheek. Your lower lip jutted out like a kid, "what was it, hm?"

With a slight increase in the rate of your heartbeat, you scrolled back up to the advert and turned your phone to show Joshua, hiding your face as you prepared once more for the conversation that would shatter your heart a little every time. You didn't want to see how disappointed he presumably was that you'd fell head over heels for something once more related to babies.

"The bunny one is adorable," your boyfriend chuckled lightly, his thumb stroking your cheek as he sighed somewhat, "you know I'm just really wary for your safety as my partner, right?"

"I know." You whispered back, exhaling a little as you turned your phone back to you, continuing to scroll as if you hadn't seen that advert. You knew it was going to stick with you though. It was the effect of brooding, the unforgettable moments in which adorable baby items would catch your eye and play on your mind for weeks as you debate buying it in preparation for the day that Joshua agrees to a family.