you are the sun [pt. 2] ; ot13

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ summary; being in a friend group with thirteen guys can prove a handful sometimes.
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ genre & tags; fluff, platonic soulmate!au, idol!au, afab!reader
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ pairing; ot13 seventeen
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ word count; 794 words

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ author's note; this coach journey is brought to you by ttt 2021 (; also i listened to imperfect love on repeat for this part<3
⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

Having some sort of coach hired to take you to your resort from Seoul was an awful idea. For a five hour journey, it was like going insane in a sweltering bus with these thirteen absolute morons screaming at the top of their lungs - perhaps not all of them. You'd sat with Vernon, who was probably your best choice for this journey as he sat with his headphones on, much happier listening to music than dealing with his many older bandmates. Chan and Junhui were also listening to music to cope.

You let out a yawn, resting your head against the coach window as you looked at the scenery pass you by. The guys had taken to playing mobile games competitively, quietening down the coach finally as you took a moment to breathe and enjoy what silence there was. The window vibrated against your head, giving off some weird feeling as you closed your eyes. Eventually, you lifted your head so it'd stop banging against the window every time the coach went over a bump.

Suddenly, Vernon gave you a soft nudge with his elbow, his headphones around his neck now. He smiled as you looked at him, and you smiled back.

"Are you hungry? The hyungs are handing out the gimbap," He asked you quietly, amongst the sudden levels of loud talking that had began to arise now a mid-journey feast was beginning. You shook your head, gesturing down at your lap, where you'd been picking from a sweet pick'n'mix stationed between your thighs. Vernon rolled his eyes with a laugh, "you need actual food, y/n."

"Yeah, I know, I'm waiting until we arrive and Mingyu cooks his jajangmyeon because I know he's bound to." You hummed, stretching your legs the best you could in the tight space you were confined to. Vernon scoffed.

"You really are as bad as Seungcheol hyung." He laughed, fiddling with his headphone wires for some time. Someone tapped his head from the seats behind you both and you both turned your heads to see Soonyoung beaming and his teeth showing. Vernon and you glanced at each other, questioning why Soonyoung felt the need to draw your attention to the chaos. Tuning into the actual conversation happening between the males, you couldn't help but notice they were discussing the whole soulmate ordeal.

"No but like, do you think soulmates are an actual thing?" Seungkwan asked in a small hushed voice as he glanced amongst his hyungs in the conversation. Joshua and Wonwoo hummed, thinking about the concept of soulmates. You pursed your lips as you watched them discuss soulmates, throwing backwards and forth their opinions on whether they believed in it or not.

"It's not exactly like y'know, we're actively searching for one." Minghao piped up from where he sat, one earbud out so he could eavesdrop the conversation without being pulled into the whole thing. Some members hummed before Chan looked over at you.

"Y/n, what's your opinion?" He asked, roping you into the conversation you'd been quietly listening in on. All eyes turned on you and suddenly you were anxious in front of your thirteen friends, a heavy pressure on your shoulders as Jeonghan tutted.

"Don't pull her into this!" He scolded, flashing you a sorry look despite the fact he was usually the group's troublemaker. You knew he cared about you but you could only wonder if he was going to prank you at the resort. Man, he definitely gave you some trust issues.

"I think they might be real," You answered suddenly, turning some heads as you popped another sweet into your mouth, "you just got to like, find that one person you really vibe with - you know? The person who means the most to you and shines like they're your sun. I think, even though you are idols, maybe your suns are out there, waiting to shine!"

"Words of wisdom from y/n?" Vernon suddenly spoke after a thoughtful silence from the group, "I don't trust it."

You gasped, slapping his shoulder as he laughed and raised his hands in a surrender, flying an imaginary white flag before you landed another slap on his body. You pouted your lips, throwing yourself back in your seat in a slight tantrum as you chewed on your sweets, staring out of the window with your arms folded across your chest. Your phone vibrated in your pocket and you pulled it out to see who had messaged.

seokminnie: its okay, i think you're right (:

You smiled a little, moving your eyes to find the bright, smiley man on the coach amongst the others. He looked up from his phone, flashing a huge grin that showed off his teeth as he caught your smile.

y/n: thanks