bookworm paradox ; jeon wonwoo

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ summary; an heir, an ex-fiancée, a book fayre and a startling turn of events.
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ genre & tags; fluff / heir!wonwoo / reader is a bitch with attitude / mentions of arranged relationships / happy ending
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ pairing; wonwoo x afab!reader
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ word count; 3.7k words

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ author's note; requested by ! i fricking loved writing this, gave me boys over flowers vibes so it threw me back to when i was like 15 watching the japanese boys over flowers on youtube.. lmaooo
⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

For someone born into such a wealthy family, there was no mistake that he had no things to ponder on - especially financially, money was no issue and neither was connections to other filthy rich families who had no issues with the silver spoons up their arses.

There was also a harsh comparison to those not in that special one percent that he slotted into so perfectly; it was a category you'd fell into. The miserable demise of the Korean working class, born to a feebly desperate family that would do anything if it meant keeping food on your plates. Following that principle came the presence of Wen Junhui - a doctor's son.

Another awful attempt at money in your family's pockets, you'd discovered when you were promptly arranged into a marriage with the man.

"If you keep reading, you'll soon look like a book." A male voice quipped as he entered the bedroom, ruffling his wet hair with a towel. You rolled your eyes in response.

"Done with Minghao so soon?" You hummed, lifting your eyes from the pages in front of you to admire the man briefly. He was far from your husband, let alone a partner. You would taunt him that it was like being handcuffed to your best friend to eternity because that's what Junhui had become to you - a best friend.

"What? Didn't expect me back yet, Honey?" Junhui would tease the pet name, drawling it out with a sickly sweet tone. Somehow it had becoming a running joke between the two of you when you'd expressed that him saying it didn't even make your heart race a little.

Despite the playful friendship you'd bonded over, neither of you were happy in your current situation. You simply didn't want to marry and Junhui wasn't even straight in the first place. Taking pity to each other, you ended up in the current predicament. You were both living another life to the ones your families were aware of.

You were a frequent at the local library, volunteering when they were short-staffed whereas Junhui had a boyfriend who had taken the flight when Junhui's family brought him to Korea. Minghao always stayed close to Junhui, no matter how far his family would drag him away. You managed to scoff at his words, looking away from him.

"When are we going to end this, Junhui?" You sighed, drumming your nails on the hard back book in your hands as Junhui also let out a small noise, flopping himself onto the bed.

"The double life doesn't suit you, y/n," he still managed to joke lightly despite the grave topic at hand, "Minghao and I were just speaking about it actually."

"So?" You pressed the conversation, your stare finding its way back to Junhui in hopes you could pressure the answers out of him that you so desperately wanted.

"He's booked us a flight back to China in two days," Junhui mumbled, fiddling with the damp towel in his hands, "I'll be out of your life for good."

The news didn't come as a shock to your system at all, since you'd been contacting Minghao privately about the two of them finally running away from Junhui's family. It meant the two of you could call off the marriage you'd been thrown into without even uttering the words themselves. You would play it off as Junhui going missing and he was more than content about that.