parental joys ; joshua hong

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ summary; she was everything you both wanted and more.
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ genre & tags; fluff / idol!joshua / parents!au / joshua as a dad is back!! / prepare for soft cute father moments
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ pairing; joshua x afab!reader
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ word count; 1.9k words

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ author's note; requested by anon - this is the sequel/sister fanfiction to
⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

The tabloids were indescribably speedy at grasping onto a single headline and spreading the news - the birth of your daughter was one of them. The appearance of Seventeen at the hospital was the reason alarms went off in people's minds and the tabloids were alerted. You knew that it would have happened and so did Joshua - it was one of the many reasons his overthinking brain was cautious about a family in the first place. He didn't want you swarmed with the press and he certainly didn't want your daughter swarmed either until she was older.

Joshua was very specific that her first year on earth was surrounded only by those close to you and him - so Seventeen. They were very okay with that as her twelve uncles, ready to spoil her nonstop. You had warned them not to spoil her too much, she already had enough of a life being the child to a celebrity but it was like your words went through one ear and out the other.

The second she'd opened her eyes, maybe ten minutes after birth, Joshua and you were met with eyes that mirrored her father's eyes. He smiled proudly, unable to contain it as she blinked between the two of you.

-

At that moment in time, you were attempting to cut vegetables on a chopping board to the beat of the music playing through the TV that Mina was so diligently watching. You'd occasionally glance at her, where she sat at the table with her eyes glued to the TV. She was supposed to be practising her handwriting for school, you'd had a complaint that she was picking it up well but it was still illegible to the teachers. Your lips parted to speak however the front door opened, entering the gentle humming of your partner. You pressed your lips together, turning your attention back to the vegetables.

"Daddy!" Your four-year-old perked up, dropping from her chair carefully as she ran to him. Joshua let out a laugh, dropping his stuff on one of the couches before lifting Mina in his arms, pretending she was heavy for a moment - to which she pouted but he was most definitely correct, soon the two of you wouldn't be able to carry her.

"Yahh, ain't you supposed to be doing homework?" He asked as he kissed her head, glancing at her open book on the table, "c'mon, you need to finish it before dinner."

The man slowly placed his daughter down on the chair, kissing her head once more as she nodded, instantly beginning to work as result of her father's words as he disappeared to find the one he had been waiting for all day. As tired as he may have felt and appeared, he'd been watching the clock in and out, waiting impatiently for the moment he could take in that precious smile and hold you in his arms.

There was no doubt that Joshua was undoubtedly a family man but he'd always treasure you immensely no matter what happened - of course, there was no hierarchy. He would bend over backwards for Mina and you, he couldn't care for one more than the other. So as he turned into the kitchen, his eyes fell to the way you swayed a little to your music and he took note of how you were trying to chop to the beat. A smile graced his face, approaching quietly as he wrapped his arms around you, looking over your shoulder.

"Great job," he commented gently, his gaze turning to the vegetables that had been cut into shapes, "why can't I have carrot flowers too?"

"If you really want them," you mused in return, placing the knife down as you turned to face him, placing your hands on his chest, "I missed you."