industry with passion ; boo seungkwan

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° synopsis
seungkwan is suddenly more passionate about a certain girl group in the industry.
┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° genre & tags
fluff / idol!au / seungkwan is a fanboy / idol!reader !! / svt will probably be teases / but so do your group lol
┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° pairing
seungkwan x afab!reader
┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° w.c
2.3k words

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° author's note
seungkwan fanboying for a girl group im crying imagine he knows all your dances-

˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰ now loading... enjoy! ꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄

"This place gets busier every time we come here, I swear." Soonyoung mused as the group meandered their way through the corridor of idols, whether it be group or solo. Wonwoo nodded with a small hum that was barely audible over the chatter.

"They keep debuting new groups constantly," he chuckled, his hands in his pockets, "they're getting younger too."

Seungcheol let out an annoyed noise at his words. He wasn't wrong, the companies were beginning to debut idols much more younger than their generation had debuted.

"Actually there should be a girl group here who's our age that just debuted." Seungkwan chimed into the conversation from where he wandered between Seokmin and Joshua. Joshua quirked a brow.

"Why am I not surprised you would know that?" He teased, nudging him with his elbow. Seungkwan scoffed momentarily, rolling his eyes as he looked away.

"I spoke with their leader earlier while I was waiting for you morons." He admitted, smiling in acknowledgement as they passed Monsta X, the group bowing to the older males. Mingyu clicked his tongue after they'd passed.

"Don't suggest you admitted to them how you know their dance off by heart? And the fact you made your own fanchant since they haven't released one yet - when they've barely been debuted a few days?" Mingyu snorted, pushing Seungkwan's shoulder gently. Soonyoung whipped around with wide eyes.

"What?!" He exclaimed, laughing loudly in bewilderment. The rest of the group wasn't far behind and Seungkwan could feel his eyes rolling up into his head at the sheer embarrassment his group was causing him. Was it really that funny he'd picked up your dance so quick? Or the concept of the fanchant - but he thought it was a bit bland to listen to your music without a fanchant. He was just musically gifted.

Yet his group probably found this baffling. Seungkwan hadn't just picked this up since your group's debut. There's a reason Seungkwan knew about your group so close to your debut and that's because he was friends with your leader when she was a trainee. He wasn't whimsically obsessed with a just debuted group, he'd supported the leader of the group leading up to the debut and had spent plenty of time watching the four of you in your dance practise studio, sweating your asses off. So as far as Seungkwan was concerned, his group could laugh all they wanted.

The thirteen of them corralled into a waiting room, stuffed with couches for numerous idols to sit upon while waiting to be called to the stage. He couldn't describe the immense feeling of exhilaration that waved over his body when his eyes landed on you across the room, your head in your phone. You were one of the rappers for CrystalClear alongside your group member Mia. Seungcheol cleared his throat beside Seungkwan and the male quickly looked away from you, looking at his leader.

"Are you going to speak to her?" He mumbled, quirking a brow and Seungkwan swallowed the lump in his throat, glancing back at you awkwardly. You hadn't noticed his presence yet.

"Maybe?" Seungkwan looked down at his feet, unsure whether to look at Seungcheol or yourself, or even the ceiling. Seungcheol chuckled a little, wrapping his arm around Seungkwan's shoulders and giving him a reassuring rub on the upper arm.