duetting with their idol crush [ot13 reactions]

ot13 x afab!reader
reactions
no translation needed
lowercase intended
a/n: reader is also an idol! requested by an anon, sorry it took so long!

setting the scene: you debut under pledis a mere year or two after seventeen's debut. between a fair share of polite bows, awkward smiles and mumbling "hello" in your direction, he'd long discovered a feeling much deeper than silly interactions. to promote both yourself and seventeen further, pledis allowed you to choose one member of seventeen to release a song with on your next album.

♡ naturally when he was called into the office, seungcheol was more than nervous. had he done something wrong as seventeen's leader? as an idol? he swallowed the lump in his throat and put on a brave face as he entered. he didn't know what to say nor how to react when his eyes landed on you, sat at the meeting table in a cosy outfit. you stood, bowing and greeting him respectfully and it was like he was froze in time momentarily before he reciprocated the actions nervously before seating himself. it was announced you'd chosen him to collaborate with on a song and seungcheol suddenly found it hard to breathe. he left the office first, doing a silent celebratory dance in the corridor.

song vibes: what you waiting for - r.tee ft anda

♡ there was already rumours about your upcoming album floating around the pledis building but jeonghan knew there was no way he'd scored a chance to work on a song with you and promote it. he was asking for too much there. perhaps his latest prank on seungkwan had been too much? it was about time he got scolded for his actions. yet he opened the door to the office so calmly, blood running cold when he saw you. you'd not long come back from a photoshoot, still wearing the glittery make-up. the hairs stood up on his arms and he shuffled to his chair after greeting you, trying to keep his cool. "ahh, i get it - not only am i good vocalist but i'm pretty handsome too," he replied cockily to the announcement and you shyly laughed in response, making jeonghan chuckle too.

song vibes: endless dream, good night - akmu

joshua knew damn well you wouldn't choose him to collaborate with. all week he'd heard the rest of seventeen blabbering on about it, discussing who you'd choose. he was getting tired of it and considerably jealous since he thought the others had more potential. nothing was announced and as he took himself to the office on the basis of "schedule changes," joshua wondered where the rest of the guys were if this was about schedule. he entered, his heart suddenly jumping into his throat and he bowed to you quicker than you could stand up and bow to him first. "is this about-" "yeah" "holy- thanks i guess," the interaction was short as he slipped into the chair, his leg visibly bouncing. he couldn't fuck this up with you.

song vibes: she likes spring, i prefer winter - slchld

junhui hadn't a clue about the rumours, even though seventeen wouldn't shut up about them. unusual, considering he knew everything if it regarded you. he couldn't even think of a reason why he was called to the office - was there a promotion opportunity in china maybe? what junhui didn't expect was to meet you as you both approached the same office door. he blinked, taking you in as you also stared back for a moment before you both looked away. "wait, you got called to the office too?" he asked, a little dumbfounded. "uh yeah," you replied shyly, "it's about our collab song." junhui's hand faltered on the handle and you caught it. "yeah.. this meeting was supposed to be the one to tell you."

song vibes: 国王与乞丐 - hua chen yu ft aska yang

♡ of course soonyoung knew. being close to gossip king seungkwan had perks and this time it was way more than useful. he'd spent the nights since he found out begging that you chose him, he wanted nothing more to be able to spend the time with you that doing a song together would give him. he just wanted to be in your vicinity for more than a quick interaction in the hallway. he had an inkling when he was called to the office, yet faced nothing but disappointment when you wasn't in there waiting. it would soon fade as the door opened and you stepped in, apologising for being late. soonyoung's face would light up instantly, a sigh of relief as he let out a relaxed chuckle despite the fact his ears and cheek were burning red.