a songwriter's melody ; lee jihoon

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ summary; he could write a million songs and none would compare to his song with you.
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ genre & tags; fluff / idol!jihoon / slight angst for some time / jihoon sincerely cares for his partner / parents!au - incoming dad woozi
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ pairing; jihoon x afab!reader
ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ word count; 2.2k words

ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ author's note; requested by anon! parent!svt holding my heart hostage rn
⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙

"Have you ever thought about starting families?" The interviewer pressed, heavily examining all thirteen faces in the studio as they flickered uncertain looks between themselves. What was the extent they could talk about here? Not only under their contracts and the weighing stares of the staff but also in the eyes of millions of fans. The interviewer had certainly pushed a sensitive if not taboo topic that cornered the thirteen of them.

The industry deeply recognised that majority of the group were in serious relationships. Most members had been open about their relationships - even if they didn't show their partners but majority of the members hadn't officially announced their relationships. It was a scary world to date while being one of the rising idol groups not only in South Korea and Asia but internationally too. That being said, majority of the members were still in secrecy because of saesangs - something the other members who were public had witnessed first hand.

Amongst their silence, they quietly prayed that their anxious silence would be cut when the interview was edited, that or the editors would stand their ground and keep the question out entirely. Seungcheol cleared his throat, deciding to speak up as Seventeen's leader.

"I don't think any of us have really thought about it, no." Seungcheol - despite his nerves and lowkey annoyance at how nosey the press were - smiled warmly at the interviewer, who nodded at his answer as if understanding the situation.

"Yeah and even if we did want to, it would be really unreasonable for us," Vernon chirped up with his opinion to which the remaining twelve members all hummed in unison, "we are so busy with our schedules and promotions or travelling for tours and I think that it would be unfair on the members with partners to start any families."

The interview moved on after the men had narrowly avoided giving actual answers to the MC. They could all mentally sigh out of relief that the interviewer didn't push further - especially to the members publicly out in relationships. The atmosphere had become tense at that point alone and they were simply glad they avoided it getting any worse.

Yet as they travelled in their company vehicles back to the Pledis building following the interview, the topic stuck with Jihoon. It haunted him, lingering no matter how much he would distract himself as he stared out of the van's window until his eyes landed on a mother pushing a pram. Momentarily he would scowl. Why was he suddenly so obsessed with the concept of having a family with his partner? He hadn't a clue how you even felt about the situation. You'd never mentioned it because you knew how important his job was.

You had never mentioned it however because you had been labelled as infertile by doctors years ago, prior to even meeting Jihoon. You were convinced that he had no intentions of starting a family, yet again it all came back to his job especially as Seventeen's songwriter. Even you valued it as much as he did.

"I'm home," the familiar voice called out from the apartment's front door, followed by a loud sounding yawn, "can we order takeaway?"

It was as if he recognised that you hadn't even started cooking yet - which you usually had by now. You hummed from the living room couch, a towel wrapped around your wet hair as you painted your nails. Jihoon rose a brow, laughing slightly at the view.