envy ; joshua hong

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° synopsis
you never knew he could be so envious of his own bandmates.
┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° genre & tags
fluff / idol!au / jealous shua / sort of insecure josh if you look hard at the end / its sweet overall tho
┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° pairing
joshua x afab!reader
┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° w.c
1.9k words

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° author's note
requested by anon, ily2<3

˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰ now loading... enjoy! ꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄

Y/n l/n, a growing rookie solo artist under Pledis Entertainment but if anyone knew you well enough, they'd also know you as Joshua Hong of Seventeen's partner. Joshua had long debuted by the time that you'd become a trainee under Pledis' strict ways but he and Seventeen often visited you while you were practising. They remembered their trainee days well and they offered an array of support to you during the harsh times when they hit you. Pledis had already made it clear they had no intentions of debuting you in a group - they didn't exactly have the trainees to debut a group and they also weren't exactly scouting for any. You didn't mind, perhaps being a solo artist would make your talents thrive even more.

After your debut with a catchy, summery girl crush song in the month of June, you were quick to gain popularity as Pledis' latest rookie. But it came as even a shock to Seventeen's millions of fans when it was hinted in an interview with Seventeen that they'd be having a comeback soon - and even more of a shock when they let it slip that it was a collaboration with you. In the time leading up to it, you'd never spent more time with Seventeen's members without Joshua around. Yet you had to work with both Soonyoung and Jihoon almost daily.

"What if we add this part to the pre-chorus?" You mumbled from where you sat beside Jihoon in his studio. Jihoon made a soft noise, watching your finger trace the screen of his laptop where you were both working on the instrumental of the song. The track would be on their newest album they were preparing for and in all honestly, Jihoon had admitted to you that it was nice to have someone to share the work of writing music with for once.

"I mean we can test it, definitely." Jihoon nodded, dragging the part you were focusing on and letting you test where you were thinking of putting it. The two of you sat quiet as you listened to it play, tapping your feet quietly.

"Opinion?" Your gaze glanced over to Jihoon's furrowed brows. He nodded, running his hand through his hair just as the door to his studio opened and Joshua and Mingyu shuffled into the dark room. A smile crept upon your face, leaning your head back as Joshua leaned down to press a kiss to your lips.

"How's it going in here?" Mingyu hummed, throwing himself onto the couch by the wall as Joshua continued to stay behind you, his hands on your shoulders. Jihoon sloped back in his chair, looking at his laptop screen.

"Well y/n might have just made a turning point in this, we moved a part from a verse to the pre-chorus and it's not too shabby," Jihoon chuckled, glancing over at you. You beamed with pride but you couldn't help but falter under it, your cheeks turning red as Joshua's hands squeezed your shoulders slightly and you thought it was out of reassurance, "I mean we can always get your opinions on it too?"

"Sure," Joshua mused, looking over at Mingyu who nodded, "would love to see what my girlfriend's brilliant mind is up to in here."

You wasn't stupid, you caught onto how Joshua emphasised the 'my' in his sentence and you slowly glanced up at him, trying to hide the fact your heart did mini backflips when he smiled his little bunny teeth down at you as Jihoon began to play the sample of the song. Pursing your lips, you looked away from him embarrassedly. Maybe he was just being proud of you and you were overthinking it.