Part 17

You were in class Monday morning. Midori was going the be released later that day so you had something to look forward to.

You haven't spoken to Shin since the sleepover. You felt a bit embarrassed. You didn't even know him well enough for something like that. Maybe you did it because of what happened with Shoku? But.. Thinking of Shin.. You could feel yourself blush when you did. Could you really like him?
You both were acquainted in middle school but.. Things were different then. He knows the person you used to be. How can he still accept you?

You heard the bell ring, signaling it was lunch time. You got up and grabbed your bento. You went to the roof to meet up with your friends. Mai and Kuu. Once you made it, the two were eating. You say next to them on the bench. You noticed far in the corner, Raiburu was sitting alone. Her face buried into her knees. You felt bad for her. Maybe there was something you could do?
Your thoughts were interrupted by Mai. "So Y/n I wanted to ask you something." Mai started. You turned your head to face the cute, pink haired girl. "Sure, what's up?" You asked.

"Hmm..  Well remember the sleepover? That next morning everyone seemed to be acting weird.. You, Shin and that delinquent boy were all very quiet, I was wondering if something might've happened?" Mai put away her bento. "O-Oh uhm.." Your face immediately went red after remembering what happened with Shin. Mai noticed. "Oh my god! Something did happened! Tell! Spill the tea!" Mai's eyes basically sparkled with curiosity. She balled her hands into a fist and held them up excitedly. "O-Okay but you can't tell ANYONE! Got it?" You crossed your arms. Mai happily nodded and you sighed. "That night.. After everyone fell asleep.. Sh-Shin and I.. Kissed." You could feel your whole body turn red. Mai squealed like a fangirl. "Y/N FINALLY HAD HER FIRST KISS!!" Mai jumped up and screamed. "Mai! Hush!" You felt embarrassed. You didn't know how to process these emotions because you've never been in a situation like this before.

"Sorry, Y/n. But you don't know how great this is! Maybe you'll finally get a boyfriend!" Mai chirped. You didn't expect her to be so happy over something like this. "Wh-What?! We haven't even spoken since!" You covered your face in embarrassment.
"So? Maybe you're just embarrassed and need to talk thing over! It's great because it means you're finally getting over Shoku!" Mai sat back down.
"I thought she was going to get with Umeji." Kuu blurted out. You choked on your food and began coughing. "What?! We aren't even on talking terms!" Kuu ignored you and continued eating.

"Speaking of which.. I actually met a guy online! He's so cute and funny." Mai started. "Wow really?What's his name?" You asked. Mai started to giggle. "His name is Alex~ He's so my type!" Mai swooned, hugging her phone. You let out a chuckle, amused by your friend.
You three all ate your food and finished. The bell rang and you bud them a farewell before heading back to class.

On your way back to class, you were stopped by Gaku. You were surprised and gave him a confused look. "We need to talk." He narrowed his eyes.
"I need to get back to class. Can we talk later?" You crossed your arms. Gaku get out a sigh and nodded. "Fine. Meet me at the incinerator during cleaning time." Gaku said before walking away. He didn't seem angry, just really serious. It frightened you a bit. You shook it off and headed to class. You noticed Umeji was gone. You payed no mind to it and headed to your seat. You noticed writing on your desk.

"Kill yourself."

"You better watch out."

"I dare you to jump off the roof."

And more vile things of the sort. Who did this..?
You felt a pang of saddness. It was probably the bullies but.. You always felt bothered as things like 'kill yourself'. That's something you should NEVER say to someone.

Class ended and cleaning time started. You headed downstairs. On your way you noticed... Kizana and.. Taro?
You were confused. That was an unlikely pairing. You were going to say hi to Taro but you decided to leave the two be and go see Gaku.

You headed to the incinerator and saw Gaku standing by himself. His hands were in his pocket and he looked very serious as he did before.
You thought of him as the "chill delinquent" and so seeing him like this frightened you.

You approached him and crossed your arms. "So, what's up?" You asked. Gaku remained silent for a moment, taking a moment to think of what to say. "I.. Saw that happened that night." He started. Your face immediately went red and your body stiffened. Gaku's expression turned nervous and he scratched the back of his head.
"Look. It's not really my business but.. You shouldn't date that guy." Gaku finally said. You were shocked and immediately jumped into the defensive. "Excuse me?? Who I date is NOT your business." You balled your hands into a fist. How dare he say anything to you about your love life.

"I'm not gonna say too much but if Umeji found out-." You cut the blonde off. "What? Why is anything his business?! He told me to stop being around him and that he hated me. Frankly, nothing about my life is his business." You furrowed your brows. Gaku just let out a sigh of defeat.
"I'm sorry, just looking out for you." He mummbled. You turned around to walk away but saw Umeji and the rest of the delinquents walking over. You made eye contact with Umeji before quickly looking away and turning back to Gaku.
"Whatever happens between me and Shin have nothing to do with any of you. Please keep this conversation between us." You walked away from Gaku, the opposite direction from the one the delinquents were coming. After that you decided to just head home.

Sorry for the short chapter. I hope you enjoyed. Still trying to figure out what I wanna have happen and how. Anyways yeah I'll try to update more. Thanks for reading!