Part 23

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Umeji walked through the school halls to his next class. He had gotten to school that day later than normal, so, he was by himself.

On his way, he noticed someone sitting on the floor, back pressed against the wall and their face burried into their knees that were pressed to their chest.

Of course, Umeji didn't care and was just going to ignore them. He walked by but as he did, the person lifted their head, letting out a sniffle which indicated they may have been crying.

"Hey.." Umeji turned around and saw it was Shin. His suspicions of him crying were confirmed when he saw the boy's red puffy eyes, decorated with tears.
"You're..." He started but just gritted his teeth and looked away. Umeji raised a brow, now curious. Even a blind man could see that this boy was mad at Umeji. But why? What did Umeji do?

"Hm? Got a problem?" Umeji said in a harsh voice. He didn't like the occult club boy. Umeji didn't know why he hated him, he didn't have a reason to justify it but looking at him filled Umeji with rage. Perhaps it was because of...

No! Why am I thinking of her?

Umeji didn't even notice his fists tighen so hard it almost hurt.

Shin looked back to Umeji, the bluenette's angry gaze quickly turned sad.
"N-Nothing.." Shin closed his eyes and sighed before standing up.
He took a few steps torwards Umeji, holding onto his own arm and looking to the floor.

"Do you at least love her?" Shin asked. Umeji's jaw dropped. Surely Shin wasn't talking about Y/n, right?
"I don't know what you're talking about." Umeji coldly answered. Shin's lips quivered into a frown as his purple irises shifted to Umeji.

"Y/n. I care a lot about her and I don't want to see her with anyone else but.. If I have to then I just want them to at least love her... I want her to be happy and if you can't do that for her then I can't bear to see you two together.. I love her too much for that.." Tears began to form in Shin's eyes, he gritted his teeth to hold them back.

Umeji was speechless. What was this guy on about?
Umeji had never said or done anything to indicate he had some sort of romantic relationship with Y/n and he truly didn't.
For some reason, Umeji felt a pain in his chest when Shin mentioned how much he loved Y/n. This feeling confused Umeji.

"Like I said before. I don't know what you're talking about. I have no sort of relationship with Y/n. Where'd you get that idea?" Umeji asked.
Shin then slipped his hand into his pocket and pulled out his phone which he turned on and got onto Yanstagram where he went to his DMs and to the post Chojo had sent him.

He clicked the image that looked like Umeji and Y/n making out and showed it to Umeji.
Umeji was surprised to see that. He knew that whoever had taken this picture angled it to look like they were kissing when in reality, they never did.

"Tch. Like I said. We have no sort of relationship. We weren't kissing in this picture. You should trust Y/n. She'd never betray your trust like that." Umeji scowled at Shin before turning around and stomping away angrily. He didn't know why he was so angry but it felt as if he chest was holding in a scream.

I hate Y/n. How dare she make me feel this way?

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

All day you had been unable to find Shin no matter how hard you looked. People gave gave you hateful glares as you passed by.
Luckily it was club time so you knew exactly where you could find Shin.

You stepped into the Occult Club room where you found Shin and Oka talking, strangely, the other members were nowhere to be seen.

"Uhm... Shin?" You started. The boy flinched before turned his head to look at you. Despite his somewhat sad look, you could see his eyes light up at the sigh of you.

"I'll leave the two of you alone." Said Oka with a soft smile as she walked out of the room. You could feel a strange happiness radiate off her as she passed by.
"Y/n.." Shin mumbled, rubbing his arm nervously.

"If you've seen the picture I promise it's not what it looks like!" You rushed over to him and put a hand on his shoulder. Shin let out a sigh and turned his body to face you with a smile.
"I know, it's okay." Shin grabbed your hand tightly, smiling as he looked into your electric e/c eyes.

Shin looked as if he was starting to get lost in them, staring for as long as he could. You began to feel a little nervous, never before having someone gaze at you with such an endearing look.

You were about to pull away but Shin held your hand tightly, cupping it in both hands and holding it up, it being the only thing between you.
"I love the dark depth in your eyes. You have so much going on behind them, and I feel like all of that only adds to your beauty. There's a mysteriousness in your eyes that I just can't explain but I love them so much." Shin leaned in, your lips quick to connect.

Honestly, you were shocked. You had never heard anything like that before, especially nothing like that has ever been said to you. It sounded like something straight out of a romance novel.
You felt butterflies in your chest. Shin pulled away, giving you one last gentle kiss on the forehead before backing up and smiling.

"We should stop before the rest of the club gets here.. Heh..." Shin said, rubbing the back of his head nervously.
You giggled and reached your hand up, patting Shin on the head. You heart started beating so fast. Suddenly, you began to feel am entirely new feeling. Something you had never felt with Shoku.

Is this love? Something I thought was a myth.

"Wanna get a snack from the vending machine?" You asked. Shin smiled and nodded and you grabbed his hand, leading him out of the room but when you opened the occult club door, all that could be heard was a scream that echoed across the room and halls, a scream so loud it alerted other people in nearby rooms the rush over.

It was your scream.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

The previous chapter was just so short and boring that I felt a little bad. You guys have been great to me and I felt you readers deserved better so I wrote something a little longer and a little more interesting. I also decided to give you and Shin more time together so you guys had a stronger bond and the relationship felt a little more legitimate.
Shin is our precious baby and I can't do him dirty like that. Also some Umeji growth.🤗