Part 25

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

The past three days, you hadn't heard or seen much of Shin. He didn't miss days or anything. It seemed almost as if he was avoiding you.

Then again, you could feel yourself distancing from all your friends.

You'd wake up. Go to school. Attend class. Eat alone in the Zen Garden behind school. More classes. And go home, missing club hours.

So there you were. Sitting in the Zen Garden, eating your lunch.

I need to do something about Ayano but.. What can I do? If I report her to the police then she can say I helped her in the murder of Kizana.
What happened to Ayano? She used to be my friend. She was kind and fun to be around. At times she did seem to be uncaring but she was an overall good person.

It's scary to think someone like her could.. Become a murderer. What can I do? I feel so hopeless. She could kill me at anytime and nobody would know it was her.

"Hello." A calm, soothing make voice interrupted your thoughts. You looked up and saw Geiju with art supplies.

"O-Oh! Hey.." You mumbled.

"Are you going to paint the Zen Garden again?" You asked and Geiju nodded.

He set down all his supplies and began to paint the Zen Garden.
Silence then inserted it's way between the two of you, making it very awkward. Geiju stood there silently painting while you sat, trying not to stare at him.

"So..... Uh... How are you?"

"Fine."

You inwardly groaned. It's already hard to talk to people but how do you talk to someone who won't say more than three words at a time?

Then something caught your eye. There was a large smudge of white paint on the bottom of Geiju's sleeve.
"Uh hey. There's paint on your uniform." You pointed to the spot. Geiju looked at you for a second and then to where you pointed.

His eyebrow twitched a little as he glared at the spot.
"Can it wash out?" You got up and stepped closer to Geiju who's brows furrowed.
"It's acrylic."

"Let's try to wash it out!"  You grabbed his hand and dragged him to the building.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Umeji was doing the same thing as usual. Hanging out with his friends by the incinerator. His attention was taken away from his friends when he noticed you dragging the art club leader out of the Zen Garden.

Another guy?

Umeji didn't realize his fist clench so tightly that that his hand started to cramp up a bit.

Why were you with another guy?

Umeji didn't care. Or at least he told himself that but if he didn't care then what was this nagging feeling?

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

You waited for Geiju outside of the bathroom. Once the water stopped, you heard his footsteps coming closer and he came out.

"Did you get it out?" You asked. Geiju shook it head and showed you his sleeve. Most of the paint managed to wash off but it had already stained so you could still see a little bit of white.

"Uhhh I don't think anyone will notice." You nervously chuckled.
Geiju didn't say anything. Instead, letting out a sigh. It wasn't hard to see the Geiju was frustrated.

Yeah I'd be mad too.

"Bye." Was all he said before suddenly walking away, supposedly to the art room.

"But your stuff is in the Zen Garden-." You mumbled but of course, he didn't hear you.

Maybe I should go get it for him.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎