Part 39

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

The door opened and Shoku came down holding a plate of food.
"Hey, hi, Y/n~." He said in a darkly sweet voice. You didn't say anything, instead, you planned on your escape.

He set the tray down, "Awe are you still giving me the silent treatment? Come on, please talk to me." He cupped your face and forced you to look at him. Again, you didn't say a word. You don't know how long you've been tied up down there. A few days? A week? A month?!

You can't even remember when you stopped counting the days.

I need to get out of here. By any means necessary.

"Shoku, I'm sad." You muttered in a fake yet believable tone. His eyes softened and he gently caressed your cheek with his thumb, "What's wrong, My Dear?" He asked.

If he truly thinks he loves me. Enough to lock me down here, then maybe I can manipulate him a bit.

"I love you." You blurted out. His bright green eyes widened and a large, excited grin spread across his face, "Really?! Do you really mean it?!"

"Of course. I have since middle school. But you obviously don't love me back." You looked down, managing to muster up some crocodile tears. His face had a look of horror. What did he do to show you he didn't care?

He kidnapped you.

Kept you in his basement.

Made you food everyday, and offered love and affection.

Where did he go wrong?

Or so that's what the brunette was thinking.

"Wh-W-What did I do to show you that?! I love you! A lot! I-I mean I d-did all this for you! That has to mean something, right?!" He became a stuttering mess. Inwardly, you grinned. Whatever Ayano did to him completely messed up his mind. If you play along to his insane little fantasy world, he's pretty easy to manipulate. It sickened you to think that.

"Well, you don't have any trust in me. I mean, keeping me bound to a chair in your dark basement? Locked in here with the corpse of your girlfriend? A man who loved me would never do that." You said, your eyes momentarily glancing to the side. You could see the brunette start to panic as his mind was racing, thinking of what he could do.

"I-I can take her out of here-."

"No. I don't wanna be down here anymore." You said, looking as if you were going to cry. Shoku started shaking as his eyes paced around, "B-But if I untie you then you'll leave." He defended himself but you looked away from him, "You don't love me." You muttered again.

"But I do! How can I prove it to you?"

Letting me go.

"Like I said, you have no trust in me. And that's what really hurts. Like I told you before, I love you. Why would I run away? I mean, I've been dreaming of this since middle school."

Though I'd change a few parts. Like the kidnapping and locking me down here with a dead body.

Shoku thought about it for a moment before taking a deep breath, "Fine." He said before walking behind the chair and pulling a knife from his pocket. Using it, he cut the ropes that kept you bound to the chair. Once you felt your arms being released, you stood up and took the best, most relaxing stretch ever.

"That chair really hurt my back." You muttered as you rubbed your lower back. You flinched when you felt Shoku's hands on your shoulders, "Do you want me to give you a massage?" He asked. You shook your head, "No thank you. I just wanna go outside and smell the fresh air."

Your girlfriend smells like a corpse. Oh wait-.

"But I can't take you outside. Oh! But you can come into my room. But you can't leave, okay? If my family sees you then it's game over for me. And if its game over for me then.." He wrapped his arm around your waist to hold you in place. He held the knife up to your throat and his look yet again turned manic, "It's game over for you as well."

Oh so you love me but you won't hesitate to kill me? That's fun.

"Fine but if they enter YOUR room then that's on you." You gently pushed him back. He smiled, pleased, and put the knife back into his pocket. "My parents are at work and my brother is out with friends so no need to worry. Let's go." He grabbed your hand and dragged you out the basement.

"Question, does your family never go down there or something?" Shoku shrugged and closed the door.

"Not really. Though, I do need to do something about Amai." He smiled again but his smile was the void of any true emotion.

He doesn't even feel bad, does he?

"I'm tired." You yawned. Shoku, still holding your hand, dragged you all the way to his room and locked the door after him.

"Sleep well, darling~. I'll make sure you're never found."

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎