Part 48

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

There they were again. After talking to Raiburu, you decided to wander around the school and found Umeji talking with Osoro at the East fountain. Again, Umeji gave her a gift and you could see Osoro's cheeks light up a slight shade of red.

Are they...?

"I told you. Didn't Umeji say there was nothing between him and Osoro? Looks like he was lying just like I said he would." And like clockwork, Past You arrived right next to you, grinning. You frowned and turned to her, staring into her eyes will your dull e/c pair. "He's a grown ass man. He can do whatever he wants." You muttered before turning around and heading back inside.
Past You rolled her eyes and pulled out her phone. She snapped a picture of the pair at the fountain, ready to use this to her advantage.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

When you walked into the house, you overheard people talking.

Does Midori have someone over?

You peaked your head around the hallway corner and looked into the Living Room. You saw Midori and Gaku whispering to each other. Normally, you wouldn't think much of it but you heard the distant mention of your name. That made your ears perk up.
You tried to listen in on their conversation but you could only hear very few words.

"Yeah she........... Days........ She........ Umeji and......... Friday........ Stop..." Midori's sentences were nearly impossible to make out. But it made you wonder. Why we're they talking about you? And did you hear her mention Umeji? And what about Friday?
Gaku then started, "....... And Osoro....... Each other.......... Long time...... Don't........ It..." You slightly recoiled and hunched up your shoulders.

"I'd tell you the bitter truth but you won't listen to me anyways." Of course the Past You would show up. It seemed almost routinely at this point. You let out an exasperated sigh  "I just want it all to end.."

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

"Thank you for meeting me here." Raiburu said softly. She sat across from you, gently holding onto a cup of boba. You personally aren't a fan of the drink. The little balls in it look disgusting and make you uncomfortable. "Of course. I worry about you."

"I'm sorry about.. Canceling your party idea last minute. It's just that.. I don't feel comfortable around so many people right now." Raiburu explained. The light from the sun reflected off her hair perfectly. You chuckled, "Oh no it's fine. To be honest, I didn't even wanna host one. I'm glad we can just sit here to get her and talk." You said, your works visibly making the blonde feel at ease.

The two of you were sitting at a table outside of a cafe. You grabbed a cup of chocolate milk, placing the straw gently between your lips and tasting the delicious beverage. This cafe was definitely your favorite for getting chocolate milk. Raiburu smiled weakly, gazing dully at the drink she hardly even touched. "It's nice, spending time with you. Even if we aren't talking. You remind me so much of her." Raiburu's voice sounded strained and weak. You nodded and took another sip of your drink, "Really? How so?"

Me? What about me is even remotely reminiscent of her?

"You.. You're a bit of a Tsundere."

"EH?!" You deadpanned. You felt a bead of sweat drip down the side of your head. "It's kinda silly. You and Osana are so similar yet so different. You're both really bad with your feelings. Instead of accepting them you try to run from them. You put up these walls so nobody knows how much you care. But even though you're so scared of your feelings, you also want to give in to them. Osana was like that a lot with Taro... And I've noticed you're like that too.." Raiburu rambled. You tilted your head and cocked a brow, "What do you mean?"

Raiburu sheepishly giggled and gave you the 'You know what I mean' look. "I see you around that Umeji boy a lot. Sometimes you seem really close but other times it's like you hate each other." She explained. You felt a pang of sadness deep within your chest when she said that.

Because she is right.

I don't even understand how I feel about him. I just wish things could be more simple.

You looked down at your drink and didn't say a word. Raiburu then looked away nervously when she realized she may have spoken too much. Raiburu continued, "I've known you for awhile. You've always had trouble with showing your vulnerable side. And for a relationship you need to be vulnerable with your partner. Also you're really bad with communication. N-Not trying to insult you.." The blonde looked gloomy. Perhaps her mind went back to Osana.

I miss her too.

"Raiburu, I know you're hurting a lot but.. I think Osana would want you to try and.. Move on. As harsh as it sounds, I know she wouldn't want you to be hurting like this." Your thumbs fittled together and rubbed against the plastic of your cup. You don't think your advice is good but you're trying. Raiburu's eyes softened as the spark of emotion in her gaze flickered, threatening a dullness in her golden pair. "I know.. But it's hard. She was my best friend and honestly.. My only friend.."

"That's not true. We're friends, aren't we?" Raiburu looked up and was met by a warm smile. Your warm smile. It was contagious and she couldn't help but give a weak smile herself. "Ye-Yeah.. We are. But.. I know you've been dealing with a lot and I don't want to be a bother." Raiburu set down her drink and looked up at the blue sky that was decorated with fluffy white clouds that took various shapes.

You stared at her. Her gloomy stare only reminding you of the unbreakable friendship she had with Osana. You then realized something. You can't make Raiburu get over her grief. But maybe you can help her accept it.
You looked back to your drink, hesitating on if you really wanted to do this.

Well, I guess I could try.

"Hey, Raiburu." You got her attention. She let out a curious hum as a way to ask you what you needed. You sigh, ready to risk your friendship with her. "Follow me."

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Raiburu was on her knees and crying her eyes out in front of Osana's tombstone. Most tombstones had something written on it and Osana's was no different.

"Forever in our hearts."

Perhaps it was cruel of you to bring Raiburu here. No. It was cruel. But maybe if you say the right thing, it could work. Raiburu just kept calling out Osana's name and trying to wipe the continuous tears from her eyes.

"She's gone." You muttered. Raiburu turned her head to look at you without stopping her tears. You sighed and repeated yourself, "She's gone." You saw the pain in Raiburu's eyes.
"Osana is gone from this world. But your memories aren't. As long as we are here to remember her, she'll never die. We can keep her memory alive. So don't think of this as losing her. Think of it as waiting for the day you'll finally see her again." You got onto your knees and put your hand on her shoulder. Raiburu wiped the tears from her eyes and with broken words she said, "Thank you, Y-Y/n.. Yo-You're a great person." She wrapped her arms around you and hugged you tightly.

I get the feeling that she'll be okay.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎