Part 35

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

"Bye Mama! Bye Papa!" You shouted before walking out the house.

Today was your first day of first grade and you were both excited and nervous. So, you started walking down the road and to the school. On the way, you noticed two girls talking loudly but didn't pay much attention to them. You also noticed a boy who was walking alongside a girl with short, orange pig tails.

Again, you didn't lay much attention.

〰︎〰︎〰︎

When you arrived to the school, you found that you were ten minutes early, so you decided to explore a bit.

Wow! This school is so big!

Happily, you wondered around, not bothering to even introduce yourself to anyone.
Suddenly, you heard a loud bang followed by shouting. You curiously looked over the corner to see a girl with black hair and gray eyes sitting on the ground with another girl pulling her hair and a second girl kicking her. As if on instinct, you pulled your biggest textbook from your bag and ran around the corner. You hit one of the girls as hard as possible, making her fall over. She looked up at you and imme began crying. Scared, the other girl ran away, followed by her sobbing friend.

You turned to the black haired girl, "Hey, are you okay?" You asked, holding out a hand to her. She looked up at you, revealing her dull gray eyes. Her face was the void of any emotion, "I'm okay." She said, grabbing your hand. You helped her up and introduced yourself, "I'm Y/n L/n. But you can just call me Y/n."

"I'm Ayano." Was all she dead, her expression not at all changing. Not even in the slightest.

"Why we're those girls being mean to you?" You curiously asked but Ayano only shrugged, "I'm different to them." You frowned and crossed your arms. Even at such a young age, you didn't believe that was right.

"That's not a good reason to be mean. Don't worry though, I'll protect you." You widely grinned but Ayano didn't express any emotion.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

All throughout elementary school, you remained close to Ayano. You considered her a good friend. In fact, she was your first friend.

You did your best to defend her from bullies seeing as she would never even bother to defend herself. But you couldn't always be there.

On day, Ayano was different. She was all smiley and outgoing. She was chatting with other students and participating in activities. It shocked you for sure but you were happy for her. She was finally able to fit it. But you both started to drift apart in middle school after you lost your parents and got put in foster care. After that, you didn't talk to Ayano until High school.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Ayano couldn't understand why she was reminiscening over those years. She never cared about you before. Not that she does now, but she can't help but replay those memories over and over.

She's too dangerous to let live.

Ayano thought of killing you, but the memories of you always protecting her kicked in.

Those days are behind me. She is no longer of any use to me.

︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎