Part 34

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

"Personally, I prefer the first book. The original is always better. But the second book is good too." You said to Midori as you were rereading Cherry Touch. It was your favorite Manga after all.
Midori gave you a weird look and said, "Personally, I don't read those types of Manga. Though, I do LOVE Life Note and Retribution." She rubbed her chin.

"Oh Retribution is so good! I'm not a big fan of Life Note though. OH! Have you read Yokai?" I asked. Midori shrugged before nodded, "The first two books are good. But it gets kinda repetitive and lame after a while." Midori continued, "I prefer Ahmya. It maybe older but it does horror a lot better."

"Oh yeahhhhh! I read that one in middle school. I had a huge crush on that popular guy that the main girl ended up killing." You chuckled at the memory. Midori was deep in thought before suddenly asking, "Do you think it's weird that most of the fandom for Magical Girl Pretty Miyuki are guys."

"Not really. I'm sure they only read for the boobs."

Suddenly, your phone started to ring. You reached over to your nightstand and grabbed it. When you looked at the number, you felt your heart sink.

It was Shoku.

"Midori! It's Shoku! What do I do?!"

"Shoku? Wow it's been awhile since you've talked to him. I thought you guys had a falling out or something."

"It's not like he ever made an effort to talk to me after dating Amai." You rolled your eyes, blood boiling at the thought of the cooking club leader. You let out a sigh and answered the call. You put your phone up to your eat and answered, "Hello?"

"Hey! Hi! Y/n!" His voice felt a little nostalgic and that made you grit your teeth. Why would he be calling you? He never bothered trying to contact you before. "What do you want?" You tried to say as nicely as possible but it was hard to hide your bitterness.

I know I shouldn't be mad at him. He didn't nothing wrong.. But I can't help it.

"Oh uhm.. Heheh.. I was wondering if you wanted to hangout!" You could hear the nervousness in his laugh. "Hangout?" You asked, trying to understand why he'd want to hangout with you. And now of all times.

"Well yeah... The cooking club is hosting a bake sale and I was wondering if you wanted to help me bake?" Your fists clenched, your nails digging into the soft skin of your hands, "I'm not a part of the Cooking Club anymore." You said as bitterly as possible, "Your girlfriend kicked me out.. Remember?" You continued.

Midori just say there watching, curious about the conversation, she said, "Turn it on speaker." She whispered. You rolled your eyes and put the call on speaker, letting her listen in.

"I'm really sorry about-."

"No. You didn't even try to stick up for me. I was in the fucking hospital!"

"Y/n listen-." Again, you cut him off.

"No! You listen to me. I don't know who you think you are but don't pretend like you give a shit about me. I'm not the same person you played. Bye!" You hung up on him. Midori's eyes we're wide and she asked, "Woah, why did you say that?"

"He isn't worth my time. No man is." You said under your breath but loud enough for Midori to hear. You got up and stormed out the room, Midori watching with a solemn look.

You stormed downstairs and called another friend. Osoro.

The phone rang four times before she answered, "Hello?" She said in a deep, sleepy voice. "We're you sleeping in?" You asked as you walked into the kitchen where you grabbed a bottle of water. Osoro answered, "Yeah." She yawned suddenly followed by a loud shatter and the blonde screaming, "SHIT!"

"What's wrong?"

"I knocked over my drink." The delinquent groaned. "Pfft." I stifled a laugh, "Hey, wanna hang out today?" I asked. Osoro let out a happy gasp, "You never ask to hangout! What's the occasion?"

"I need to blow off some steam."

"Okay, meet me in Shisuta town!"

〰︎〰︎〰︎

Osoro hung up the phone with a gloomy look on her face. She could even beat the change in the way you talked.

〰︎〰︎〰︎

Osoro was waiting for the other five delinquents at her house. When they finally came, Umeji looked nothing but pissed. Knowing lately all his problems seemed to include you, she assumed this one did too.

"Hey. What's new?" Osoro asked, hoping to get any intel on you and Umeji. Instead, Hayanari teasingly said, "Gaku got a girlfriend~!"

"She's not my girlfriend!" Gaku shouted defensively with a face as red as a tomato. Osoro rolled her eyes and chuckled before her eyes shifyed back to Umeji who was still standing there with a sour face, "What's with you?"

"He turned his girlfriend into a salty delinquent who hates him." Dairoku said without hesitation. Osoro's eyes widened and she asked, "Delinquent?! Like an actual delinquent?!"

"Yeah?" Dairoku said.

Horrified, she put her hand onto her forehead, taking in the news. "You idiot! You had one job! Don't piss her off! Damnit! And last time she had to kill someone to stop..." Osoro muttered the last part under her breath. Umeji tightened his fists, his knuckles turning white, "I apologized!"

"Dude. You humiliated her in front of everyone."

"You fucking asshole! Now I have to fix this."

〰︎〰︎〰︎

You met up with Osoro I'm Shisuta town just as planned.  

"Yo!" You called out to the blonde. Osoro was leaning against a building with her arms crossed and her signature grumpy face. When she looked over at you, her face slightly lit up and she smiled, "Y/n! Damn I swear we don't talk as much anymore. Looks like someone went back to bad." She smiled brightly. It seemed so foreign on her.

My facial expression didn't change, "Yeah it's sucks. When are you coming back to school?" You asked. Osoro took a minute to think about it, "A few weeks. God I swear that counselor has it out for me. It's not like I tried to make those five idiots delinquents." She muttered as a bitter expression appeared on her face.

"What are you talking about?" You crossed your arms. Osoro groaned and began, "Last year they were all getting badly bullied. It got so bad that they were even planning to kill themselves." Your eyes widened and you felt your heart drop.

As much as you hated Umeji, the thought of him being pushed to that point really scared you. Why would anyone mistreat someone that badly? Surely even be didn't deserve that.

But Osoro continued, "I guess they witnessed me fight some dudes from another school. It was like they imprinted on me like a group of baby ducks." The blonde giggled at the memory, "They started to mimic me in every way and before it, I had my own little gang of delinquents. And the Counselor hates me for it. But maybe if she did her job then they wouldn't have turned to me." The hissed, crossing her arms and leaning against the nearby building.

You looked at her with admiration. Despite being all tough and aggressive, Osoro is really a great person. Youet out a sigh and lean next to her, "I suppose you've heard about what happened with me and Umeji?"

Osoro breathed out, "Yeah." And I inhaled slowly, gathering the courage to say it.

"As much as I hate him. I love him."

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎