Part 36

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Osoro's eyes bolted wide and she grabbed your shoulders tightly, "You WHAT?!"

"It's hard to explain. I don't want to see his stupid ugly face again. But the more I want to stay away from him, the more I feel drawn to him." You explained. Osoro just started at you for a momen with soft eyes.

You're like a sister to Osoro, she wants to help you in this fucked up situation but she doesn't know how.

"You know... About my real parents.." You started. Osoro knew where you were going with this and so she didn't say a word, instead, letting you get it out, "All they ever did was fight each other. That's all I've ever seen of "love" growing up. I'm scared that's why I'm so drawn to Umeji. Because whatever it is going on with us, it's toxic and unhealthy. I don't want to end up like them.." Tears started forming in your eyes and you bit your index finger to try and hold them back.

Pathetic. I wouldn't cry.

You heard a voice in the back of your head say. You knew it was the past you again. You shook your head and took a deep breath.
"Tell anyone about this and I'll kill you." You threatened the blonde but she just held her hands up at the empty threat, "Hey hey, I won't tell." She laughed.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

It was getting late and after a day hanging out with Osoro, you headed home. You were shocked to see Shoku sitting on your front porch.

"What the-.. Shoku?" His head poked up from his knees and he smiled happily seeing you. You could see his eyes were red and swollen as if he'd been crying and his hair was an absolute mess. You could also see that he was covered in bruises and cuts.
"The hell happened to you?" You asked him. The brunette jumped up and hugged you tightly, "You wouldn't believe me if I told you.." His voice broke. He pulled away from you and you finally noticed how dull his eyes were.

Now that you think about it, you hadn't seen him in school for maybe a week. Now, you can't help but wonder what happened to him.

"Come in." You opened the door and allowed him in. As Shoku walked, you noticed him slightly limping as he made his way to your couch which he pretty much collapsed on, letting out a grunt of pain as he did so. You went to your bathroom and grabbed a wash cloth which you wetted before going back into your living room with some other things in hand.

You took a seat next to him, "Take your shirt off."

"What?!" His face went as red as a tomato. You rolled your eyes, "I'm going to clean your wounds. You look like an absolute mess." You pointed out. Shoku let out a sigh and removed his messy T-shirt.

You should notice bruises on his wrists. A type of bruise you recognized from a bad experience you had awhile ago.

Rope marks?

You took the cloth and gently rubbed it against his cuts and bruises.

〰︎〰︎〰︎

After cleaning his injuries and putting some alcohol on them, you bandaged him up and finally asked again, "So, what happened?"

And again he said, "You wouldn't believe me." He started shaking. You then pointed at his arms, "Those bruises on your wrist look like they were caused by a rope. And many of the cuts and bruises look like they were caused at different times. Some bruises are purple while others are yellow. Some cuts have began healing while others haven't made it there yet. So, either you've just gotten jumped multiple times, or you've been kidnapped and tortured." Your words were blunt as if you didn't care to sugar coat it at all.

Tears immediately began pouring from his eyes and his hands started shaking rapidly. "So, I'm right?" Shoku didn't answer.

"Who did it?" You asked, having a gut feeling that you knew who.

"I don't know.. I was blindfoldeded.." He muttered through his broken sobs.

It has to have been Ayano.

You turned around, "Let me call the-." You were cut off when Shoku slapped a strange smelling cloth over your mouth. Immediately, your fight or flight instinct kicked in and you tried to defend yourself but with his free hand, Shoku grabbed the back of your neck and pushed you into the floor.

All you managed to do was turn on your back before he got on top of you, still pressing the cloth on your mouth, you started feeling weaker but didn't stop fighting.

You threw a punch which landed right on his bruises face but he grabbed your wrist and pinned it down with his knee and held down the other with his free hand. You tried to fight back as you started to drift further into darkness and before you knew it, you had gone unconscious.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎