Part 26

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

You were carrying the art supplies Geiju had left in the Zen Garden.
You weren't under any obligation to do so but decided to help out nonetheless.
You made sure to wrap up everything neatly and not mess up Geiju's painting nor his supplies.

When you made it to the art room, he wasn't there. Instead, you found Boru who was putting up paint bottles on the shelf.
"Hey, Geiju left his supplies in the Zen Garden so I-."

"Don't care." He said coldheartedly, his eyes not leaving the shelf.

Well damn. Okay.

You just silently and carefully set Geiju's supplies down before leaving. As you walked out the Art club room, the bell rang.

Hm. Shin should be in his classroom. I should go talk to him after class.

It was only Wendsay and you felt exhausted. Unfortunately, you'd have two more days to go.

You made it to class and surprisingly, Umeji was already in his seat. You didn't pay him much attention and took your seat in front of him.

It wasn't long before something hit the back of your head.

Another note?

You turned around and looked at him. Again, his cheek rested in his hand as he gave you a smug look. You couldn't help but softly smile.

I missed this.

You picked up the paper and read it.

'Who was that guy you were with in the Zen Garden?'

You rolled your eyes and wrote back.

'Are you stalking me?'

You crumbled up the paper and tossed it again Umeji, the paper catching him off guard and hitting him in the face. You giggled as you watched them read the paper before writing back and tossing it back to you.

'The Zen Garden is right by the incinerator. Of course I saw it.'

You had to admit, he was right. You write back.

'Hes my friend, Geiju. The leader of the art club'

You tossed the paper back and decided to ignore him for the rest of class. You needed to pay attention to the lesson after all.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Everyone was packing up after class. You got up and headed out the door but as you passed Umeji, he grabbed you by the upper arm.
"So what were you doing with him?"

"Eh?"

"The art club leader." You frowned.

"Why did you care?" You pulled away from him. Umeji rolled his eyes and leaned down to you in a demeaning yet hot way, "Just tell me, idiot."

Woah my face feels hot right now.

Umeji noticed your flushed expression but chose to ignore it. However, he did feel pleased with himself. "He-He came into the Zen Garden to paint and I was already there.. H-He got some paint on his sleeve so we went to go wash it off.." You shyly explained, fumbling with your fingers like the idiot Umeji said you are.

You flinched when Umeji put his hand on your head and gave you a little pat. "See? Telling me wasn't that hard now was it?" He chuckled. You only blushed more and smacked his hand away.

"I'm going home." You mumbled before turning away from him and beginning your leave. You take three steps before stopping and Umeji raises a curious brow. Without turning around, you ask, "A-Are we... Are friends again?" You mumbled. To be honest, you really missed having him as your friend. Yeah he was egotistical and arrogant but he was also fun and caring, supportive and protective. You missed having him as your friend.

Umeji was silent for a moment. He wanted to say yes so badly. He wanted to be there for you. No. In fact, he wanted to run up to you at that moment and wrap his arms around you, pulling you into his warm embrace.

You turned around to face him as he just stood there, staring at you. You gave him a warm smile.

He wanted to pull you in.

"Heh... Unless you're scared."

He wanted to kiss you.

"And if you say yes, then maybe this time I can protect you." You gave him a large, toothy grin.

Umeji's eyes widened as he felt that sinking feeling in his chest, his cheeks went red and his heart began to race.

He loves you.

Umeji's hand made it's way to his chest and he gripped his shirt tightly, inwardly telling his heart to stop beating so fast.
"Ye-Yeah.. Sounds good." He mumbled while trying not to look like he cared, looking to the side with a bashful face. You let out a giggle and walked out, leaving Umeji there in shock.

I... I really love her...

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎