Part 32

Location: The roof.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Taro just stared with large, wide eyes at you.

The piercings.

The baggy socks.

The messy hair.

Dark eyeliner.

And the cold, uncaring attitude.

Who were you? Because you're not Y/n. Or so Taro thought to himself.

Chains and helix, and industrial earrings decorating your ears as your black socks barley hung onto your legs.

What happened to you?

"Hey... Are you... Okay?" Taro asked, giving his friend a sympathetic look. Of course, he knew you back in middle school back when you were a delinquent. What could've made you revert back to this?

Taro can't help but feel like he's at fault.

"I'm fine. How about you? How's your hoe of the week?" You leaned on him, peaking at his phone. Of course his text messages with the Nurse was open. The Yamada's brows furrowed and he defensively pulled away from you, "She's not a- She's a decent lady!"

"She's a grown ass woman, probably in her thirties, messing around with an eighteen year old high school student." You unintentionally deadpanned. Taro rolled his eyes, "She's a beautiful, endearing woman who's nothing but caring."

"Simp."

"I-I'm not!"

"SIMMMMPPP!" You teased him, only making him more flustered. It was hard not to laugh at the Yamada's ugly pouting expression. So, you laughed. You cackled like a manlady who thought she was a witch, "BAHAHAH! YOU'RE A FUCKING SIMMMMP!" You wiped the tears of joy from your eyes went you caught something from your peripheral vision.

You stopped laughing and looked over to see Ayano leaning against a wall, staring with a blank expression. The smile was immediately gone, replaced with a look of disgust. You were repulsed by the stalker.

You turned to Taro, "Hey, Yamada." You nudged him with your elbow.

"Hm?" You grabbed his hand and pulled him off the bench. You dragged him off the roof, downstairs, looking for a private place to talk. Of course, you didn't voice that to Taro who didn't help at all by squirming and yelling, "Hey! What's going on?!"

"Shut the hell up." Your eyes scanned the area, looking for a hiding spot. Your gaze landed on a supply closet and you smiled.

Perfect.

You pulled Taro into the closet and locked it. Taro's wide eyes darted around, looking at anything but you. His face flushed and heartbeat sped up. He backed away from you and held up his hands, "Uhm... I-I like you as a friend, Y/n... B-But-."

"What? No. Listen. We need to talk." You took a deep breath, you need to tell somebody about Ayano and if all this is connecting to Taro then he needs to know more than anybody.

"Listen. Horrible things have been happening lately. Of course you've noticed, right?" Taro's brow raised as he asked, "What's this about?"

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Umeji's expression didn't change. He was just disappointed. Seeing you drag some guy into a closet, followed by the sound of the lock click. Umeji knows he shouldn't jump to conclusions, especially with you. But at the same time, you have a bad habit of falling for any guy who comes near you. Or that's how Umeji felt. Of course, that's just jealousy talking. But Umeji won't admit it.