Part 29

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

"What?" You wiped your face to see that you were indeed crying. Umeji made an awkwardly sympathetic face and averted his gaze. "I was just kidding.."

"What?"

"Saying I'm out of your league.. It was just a joke. You don't need to.. Cry." Umeji cringed in discomfort. You jolted and immediately started waving your hands around, "NONONO! It's wasn't that! I was just thinking about something else! Eheh.." You laughed nervously while also cringing at yourself.

Seriously, who cries like that? How embarrassing.

An awkward silence took over the room and both you and Umeji looked away from each other.

"Welp. I should get going." Umeji stood up, not making eye contact with you, "Talk to you later." He the left without even giving you a chance to say anything.

What?! Did I say something wrong? Embarrassing.

You mentally face palmed.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Sunday you were in an Art store to buy a new sketchbook since you already filled up your current one.

You preferred the thinner sketchbooks with the swirly hoops. Er- rings.
You grabbed three and walked up the the counter to pay for your items.

The worker grabbed your sketchbooks and scanned them. "That'll be 15.57." The worker said. You pulled out your wallet but unfortunately, you're poor. You only bad a ten dollar bill. "Damn." You said, disappointed.

A hand appeared from nowhere and set down the money. You looked up to see Geiju. "I'll pay." He said. The worker nodded and took the money, giving you your sketchbooks, "Have a good day." She chirped.

"You too." You turned to Geiju, "Thanks a lot. You're a life saver." You let out a sigh of relief. Geiju's face didn't change from his constant monotone expression. "You're welcome." He said before paying for some brushes.

You stood next to him, waiting for him to pay so you could talk to him some more. Once he finished, he turned to you, "Let's go." He said as he walked past you. You smiled and soun around, happily walking with him. "Thanks again, Geiju. You're seriously the best." You said. Geiju nodded, "Of course. Improvement needed." He said. You raised a brow.
"Eh? Are you saying I need to improve?"

"Yes."

"I think I'm good where I am.."

"You are. Still improve." He advised. You sighed and nodded, "So you only paid to be a helpful club leader and not as a friend?" You looked down, a little upset. You saw Geiju as a friend. "We're friends." He said. You were shocked and you felt your heart skip a beat, "Really?!" You smiled. Geiju nodded.

You both waited at a stop walk for the light to turn green. When it did, you started walked but Geiju shouted, "LOOK OUT!" You harshly grabbed your upper arm and pulled you face first into his chest. You heart was pounding fast from the adrenaline.

Whats going on?!

A truck sped past you despite the traffic light being red. "You alright?" Geiju asked. You stood still, your face still planted in his chest. You were trying to calm down but that really startled you. You were so close to being reincarnated into your Isekai life.
"G-Gei-G- You-." You stammered, unable to find the words. Still holding you in his arms, Geiju patted your head. "It's okay. Go home. I'll follow." Be said in a soothing voice. You giggled and looked up at him, "That sounds kinda creepy."

"I'm sorry."

"Was that your way of saying you'll walk me home?"

"Yes." Geiju let go of you. You giggled again and grabbed his hand, "Okay. Let's go to my house."

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Umeji was pissed off beyond behind. His hands were balled into a fist so tightly his knuckes were white and his nails dig into his palms.

Is she seriously- UGH. Of course she would be all over another guy.

Umeji gritted his teeth and turned away.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

𝙄'𝙢 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮. 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙤𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙬.