Part 20

~~~~

You made it to the gym and scanned the room. You saw Shin sitting up front with an empty seat next to him. You smiled and walked over, sitting next to the cute boy. "Sorry I'm late. Did I miss anything important?" You asked.
"You... Missed the whole thing.." Shin seemed a bit upset.

"I'm sorry. I got in trouble and-."

"It's okay. Your friend with the pink hair told me already." Shin smiled before gently grabbing your hand. Shin looked away with a blushing expression. You let out a giggle and you grab his hand back. You look to the stage and Kizana stops performing, taking a bow.

"I'd like to call Taro Yamada to the stage!"

Taro got up and shyly walked into the stage. "Senpai, I've developed feelings for you. Accept them and be the Romeo to my Juliette." She confessed. You stood up and headed to the backstage entrance where you saw Aoi guarding. You approached the student council member and she smiled. "Sup, Y/n." She greeted you.

"Hey. I just wanted to tell you that I saw a suspicious looking person outside with a knife." Aoi nodded and ran outside. Ayano approached you and the two of you went backstage. "See that weight? Bring it up there." Ayano pointed to the area above the stage. You hesitated but nodded. What was she planning?

You it was a struggle but you picked up the weight and headed above the stage where Ayano would be waiting. You set it on the railing but still held onto it. "Now what?" You asked Ayano. You looked down to Kizana and Taro.
"Kizana I.." Taro started. Ayano seemed to panic and pushed the weight out your hand.
The next thing you see is blood everywhere and you hear nothing but screams. The weight had fallen on Kizana, splashing blood on Taro and the other drama club members.
You were so shocked you had were unable to speak. You turned back to Ayano with wide eyes but her expression was calm.
"Let's go before someone sees us." Ayano ran off and down the stairs. You followed her and she stopped you at the end of the stairs. "Grab a mask." She picked a mask off the wall and put it on. You did the same and the two of you ran out the gym.

You and Ayano were in the locker rooms. "What the hell?! You killed her!" You yelled at Ayano bht her expression remained the same.
"Are you going to report me?"

"I-"

"You had a hand in the murder too. The police wouldn't believe you were framed. It's not much different from what you did on the bridge." You felt your heart drop. How did Ayano know? Did she hear you tell Umeji?
You let out a sigh. "F-Fine.. I won't tell.." You balled your hands into a fist and avoided eye contact with Ayano.
"Don't worry. She deserved to die anyways." Ayano's voice darkened, you could sense the sinsister vibes in her tone. "Really? And why's that?"
Ayano mumbled something you couldn't hear and walked away. You grabbed your hair tightly, holding in the urge to scream your lungs out. You just committed a murder. No. You didn't push the weight. But still.. You're an accessory to murder and that's not better. If the police find out what happened then you'll be arrested too.

You walked out the locker room feeling nauseous. You were shaking uncontrollably and felt as if you could puke. You felt the tears forming in your eyes but you held back the tears. It was just like this before..
You decided to just go home. You walked from the locker rooms to the front of the school where you noticed police cars and an ambulance. You walked past them. Past the sakura trees and headed home.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

You woke up to the sound of your phone ringing. You opened your eyes and leaned up. You picked up and turned on your phone, the brightness immediately burning your eyes resulting you in squinting your eyes and turning down the brightness and answering the call. "Hello..?" You answered.
"Y/n! I was worried about you. I didn't see you after the incident." You heard Shin's worried voice.
"O-Oh I'm sorry.. It's just.."