Part 40

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎

Geiju sat silently in the car with his father. Earlier that day, Geiju's mother died in a car collision and so now, Geiju was going to live with his father.

After Geiju's mother became pregnant with him, his father left her for another woman whom he had been having an affair with. It was heartbreaking for sure.

Geiju wasn't at all close to his father, not even considering him his father. He didn't know this man. This man never made an effort to be in his life. So why did Geiju have to live with him?

Having to live with his deadbeat dad, his mistress and their lovechild. How fun is that?

〰︎〰︎〰︎

Geiju walked into his new 6th grade classroom where all the children immediately stared at him.
"Oh, you must be the new student. What's your name?" The teacher asked.

"Geiju Tsu-Tsub-ba-arba-bara." His face went red as he was unable to even say his own last name. Some of the kids started laughing at him as the elderly teacher didn't even try to stop it. He held his sketchbook close to his chest, as if it could protect him from the laughter.

Suddenly, the door bursted open to reveal a girl with h/c hair that had f/c highlight. Her uniform wasn't on properly, instead, her clothes held onto her loosely with an anime shirt underneath her blazer. She wore dark eyeliner and a black mask.
Just the sight of the girl made Geiju recoil as she glared at the classroom with a death stare. And if looks could kill, she'd be a serial killer.

"Ms. L/n! I've told you a dozen times to fix your uniform!" The teacher shouted at the girl who rolled her eyes, "And I told you a dozen times to shut the hell up, right?" She retorted, her hands hiding within the pockets of her skirt.

By now, the classroom had gone silent and nobody said a word.

"Whatever. Just take your seat. The both of you." She waved Geiju and the mystery girl off. The girl took her seat in the back of the class and kicked her feet up on the desk. Unfortunately for Geiju, there was only one empty seat. And it was right next to the delinquent.

Gathering the courage, he slowly made his way to the back, doing his best to ignore all the stares he got from the class. He set his bag next to the desk and took his seat, not even making eye contact with the delinquent.

And it would be like that everyday.

In that first class, he'd always sit next to her without the two saying a word to one another. They had no reason to.
Geiju made sure to stay out of her way and she never even gave him a second glance.

That was until one day.

〰︎〰︎〰︎

Instead of going outside for lunch, Geiju stayed in the classroom so he could practice his sketching. He felt art was the only thing he was good at.

But as he was drawing, suddenly, his sketchbook was snatched out from under him. He looked up see two classmates of his. Two boys.

"Why does she have no clothes?" The first boy asked. Of course, Geiju couldn't answer verbally.

I'm practicing anatomy. And I haven't even drawn the clothes yet.
He thought to himself.

"Ooooo~ He's drawing porn!" The second boy accused him. Geiju shook his head and reached for his sketchbook but the bully pulled it back, "What? You want it back? Then just ask for it." The bully snickered.

Desperate to have his sketchbook back, he tried to beg, "Gi-vv-vvit bac-c-c- ac-cc- ." The bullies started laughing at him. "You want it back? Okay." The first bully put the sketchbook back into Geiju's desk but before Geiju could retrieved it, the second one poured his apple juice all over it. They again snickered, "Have fun, loser." The first one said but before they could leave, a chair was suddenly chucked at the second bully, knocking him to the floor. The first bully let out a shout and Geiju looked over to see the delinquent.

Y/n.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" The bully shouted but she just grabbed another chair and dragged it along the floor as she walked over to the bully on the floor which was groaning in pain. She lifted up the chair and began to ruthlessly beat the bully with the chair. Geiju and the first bully watched in horror as she beat him until he fell unconscious. Once she was done, she dropped the chair and turned to the first bully. As she walked closer to him, he continued to back away. Y/n reached into her skirt pocket and pulled out a box cutter. The first bully tripped over a chair and fell rear first onto the floor. She crouched over him and pointed the box cutter right at his throat, "I'll kill you." She threatened him. The first bully started crying and ran out the classroom.

Geiju flinched when she turned to him. She walked to his desk as he just stared into her narrow e/c eyes. She grabbed his drenched sketchbook and let out a "Tch." And tossed it into the trash before walking to her desk. She put her bag onto her chair and started digging through it. Then, she pulled out a large hard cover sketchbook covered in stickers and gave it to Geiju.

"Keep it. I don't draw that much anyways." She said before picking up her bag and leaving the classroom. Geiju just watched until she was out of sight before opening the sketchbook.

She's a liar.

He looked through the sketchbook. She said she didn't draw but there were plenty of art covered pages. And Geiju thought they were beautiful..

You gave up your sketchbook for some kid you didn't even know. And after day that, he didn't see you again.

〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎〰︎